Thread: Challenging situation with AC Unit wiring. Contactor not getting pulled in

Post Likes

Challenging situation with AC Unit wiring. Contactor not getting pulled in

Hello,

We moved to a new home and after uninstalling the old Honeywell thermostat I messed up the cables and now my AC Unit contactor is not getting pressed in when I call "cooling" from the Nest thermostat. The AC unit works well if I press the contactor manually, the problem is coming from the wiring setup, not the unit itself.

if there's someone who is well versed in complex wiring issues and is willing to help, please let me know. I will give ******** to who can tell me what is going wrong with this set-up and what I need to do to make it work again.

Thank you
    Marc

We don't work for money on this forum or discuss payments. Please seek out a contractor to assist with this wiring issue. We are not a DIY site
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by rundawg; 06-27-2022 at 01:35 PM. Reason: removed comment
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Your old Honeywell was superior. The Nest is an unreliable mess that belongs on the trash can.
    This site doesn’t support DIY repair.
    It is very dangerous to manually press in a contactor. Look up arc flash to see why.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

3. Dislikes matrix3897 disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    Would it be possible for your to help me and tell me why do I have 2 red and white wires coming from the AC unit and how they need to be connected?

Thank you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix3897 View Post
    Would it be possible for your to help me and tell me why do I have 2 red and white wires coming from the AC unit and how they need to be connected?

Thank you
    Electrons know No Color!

And

NEST
    SUCKS

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix3897 View Post

Thank you
    That would be considered DIY.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

7. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Pricing and offers of money not allowed in this forum. Also, we are not a DIY site...members are prohibited from giving DIY advice. Thanks for your understanding.

Post Likes
    I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread because the OP broke 3 or 4 rules in his first post.

Please call a qualified contractor to fix this issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in