Thread: Mini Split Systems

Post Likes

Talking Mini Split Systems

Good morning gentlemen,

I just want to get some opinions on a couple different Mini Split Systems we carry and what you all think of them. We primarily push customers looking into ductless systems towards the Mitsubishi Mini Splits. They're easy to get ahold of (ductless systems are becoming more popular around here in Wisconsin, especially the heat pump & superheat options) and they're very easy to install.

One of our other main distributors carries Fujitsu. Now I've never had to service or install one of those systems, so I'm curious to hear from some of you guys that actually have had experience with them. Is there a specific ductless system you would recommend to customers? If so, what are the biggest differences you see between the two systems? (Besides the price)

I've tried to get some answers out of people at our distributors, but I can't have a conversation with them without receiving an extremely biased answer...lol. So I wanted to bring it here because I know I'm going to get more honest answers from people that don't strictly have a salesman's mindset. Let me know what you all think!

Post Likes
    Fujitsu Mitsubishi Panasonic - all good. Have a couple of them at different locations. Mitsubishi just the most expensive one

3. Likes Kobski liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mitsubishi
    Fujitsu
    Daykin

Not in that order.

Mitsubishi is very expensive but in certain applications well worth the extra $'s

Post Likes
    Agree 100% with pecmsg....personally I think Mitsubishi is overpriced but very reliable

Post Likes
    Avoid LG there a pain in the ass if you have to do any warranty parts with them.
    We mainly install Mitsubishi reliability is great. An when you need tech support or parts extremely easy. We also installed a carrier 42 seer unit at my bosses condo few years ago an it has been a good system. But haven't installed anymore.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by droopylee95 View Post
    We also installed a carrier 42 seer unit at my bosses condo few years ago an it has been a good system. But haven't installed anymore.
    42 SEER you say? Wow! Here I thought Mitsubishi and their 26 SEER Mini Splits were impressive. I would install the most efficient unit in my bosses home too. That way I know for sure he could afford to give me a raise! LOL

Post Likes
    I generally don’t like Minisplits, but the Daikens impressed me. Copper in the Outdoor unit, rather than Steel. Also the Scrolling System trouble shooting at the Indoor unit was impressive. Just wish they made the pause at the trouble spot a little longer, as my older eyes, had problems picking that up. BTW, If you are removing electrical and piping entry covers, have your wasp spray handy. I stuffed Scraps of Poly Filter material in them, to keep the Wasp out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobski View Post
    42 SEER you say? Wow! Here I thought Mitsubishi and their 26 SEER Mini Splits were impressive. I would install the most efficient unit in my bosses home too. That way I know for sure he could afford to give me a raise! LOL
    Yea I really question that 42. Guessing that's the dehumidification cycle running. Which is why he wanted to install it. It's in a condo at the lake. They've had moisture issues in some of the smaller condos.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    I generally don’t like Minisplits, but the Daikens impressed me. Copper in the Outdoor unit, rather than Steel. Also the Scrolling System trouble shooting at the Indoor unit was impressive. Just wish they made the pause at the trouble spot a little longer, as my older eyes, had problems picking that up. BTW, If you are removing electrical and piping entry covers, have your wasp spray handy. I stuffed Scraps of Poly Filter material in them, to keep the Wasp out.
    Knock on wood I have had my yearly wasp run in yet. Maybe this is the year doubt it though.