Thread: Appion Ion Pt temp Sensors

Post Likes

Appion Ion Pt temp Sensors

Does any one know where I can find the Appion Ion Pt temp sensors .
    I heard they have been discontinued . These things are my everyday gauges and are so freaking versatile not sure why
    Appion discontinued them. 1 of the temp sensors reading is all over the place and I can't find them even on Ebay ?

Post Likes
    Did you call them? I talked to them last week and it sounded like they could still help a guy out with that issue.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Did you call them? I talked to them last week and it sounded like they could still help a guy out with that issue.

Actually I called them today. The woman that answered the phone said that they are out of temp sensors. But she also said that Appion is not making them anymore due to the chip shortage. Once that issue is resolved they will be back in production. She was very vague about whether they gonna make the same ones or they gonna come out with a new design.

Post Likes
    I got the same initially. I kept asking questions she couldn't answer and got passed off to someone else who handled it like the old days.
    Shipping it back sounded like an option too.
    Sorry it didn't work out.
    There was a guage from CPS I was considering Did SH/SC. JB had one with a small screen too did SH/SC I liked the Refco TAP but the temp clamp gave crap measurements although the wireless worked just fine. I use just the gauges now and are still pretty useful. I wish more mfgs put a screen on the gauges.

Post Likes
    Maybe I should call back and be persistent like you did. The thing I like about the Appion
    is that i can remove the sensor from the clamp and use it on larger pipes. I have used those things from
    Racks Suction headers to cramped spots like icemakers. My analogs now are being used only for setting pressure switches.
    I do have the CPS also . I like how you can see anything you want on the screen, just have to scroll through. Their temp sensors I think have the smallest
    mass of any sensors that I have seen so far and are very accurate. The temp clamp itself is very small considering it opens up to 1 1/8. I"m not sure about the quality of their transducers
    yet though. some days they only drift about 1 psi before zeroing them and some days i have had them drift around 3-4 psi. Also the buttons feel kind of mushy and sometimes they will stick. The plastic housing I think is the same as their old Micron gauge, which I have cracked before at the transducer fitting (the micron gauge). Also their app is pretty decent.

Post Likes
    Thanks
    Sounds like nobody got it right yet.
    Probably not gonna see many new developments for a while across the board. With how long it takes to come out with something something cool might be in the pipeline and we get surprised but it looking like it's going to be a boring few years.

Post Likes
    Wonder if the PT knockoffs would work.

Last time I saw them, they even had the same clamp design as Appion.

Could be these guys actually make the Appion.

https://www.amazon.com/Elitech-PT-50...ps%2C54&sr=8-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Wonder if the PT knockoffs would work.

Last time I saw them, they even had the same clamp design as Appion.

Could be these guys actually make the Appion.

https://www.amazon.com/Elitech-PT-50...ps%2C54&sr=8-3

There are a lot of companies/manufacturers out there that specialize in reverse engineering with not very good results.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gentian View Post
    There are a lot of companies/manufacturers out there that specialize in reverse engineering with not very good results.
    Many have very good results.

Not hard to do when the designer gives you all the design details, so you can make it for them.

And it’s probably a contractual requirement in certain countries to be able to use the intellectual property in return for manufacturing at dirt cheap prices.