Thread: a/c in attic bonus room

Post Likes

Confused a/c in attic bonus room

I have a 2-tn heat pump in an attic bonus room. Condensing unit pressures are where they should be, so, I don't believe that is my problem here. The home has a hip roof and no ventilation. The bonus room is constructed in an L-shape and the air-handler placed horizontal in a hall closet that is in the bottom of the L. The temperature in the closet is about 130 F. Is the fact that there is inadequate ventilation a reason for poor performance? The roof is about 2' above the air-handler and its sunny and 97 here. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheet metal Guy View Post
    I have a 2-tn heat pump in an attic bonus room. Condensing unit pressures are where they should be, so, I don't believe that is my problem here. The home has a hip roof and no ventilation. The bonus room is constructed in an L-shape and the air-handler placed horizontal in a hall closet that is in the bottom of the L. The temperature in the closet is about 130 F. Is the fact that there is inadequate ventilation a reason for poor performance? The roof is about 2' above the air-handler and its sunny and 97 here. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve
    So tell me where the pressures Should Be, I’m not familiar with that method.

Being old school I still use SH & SC!

Post Likes
    355 high side 150 low

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheet metal Guy View Post
    355 high side 150 low
    Pressure does not mean much without superheat and sub-cool. Return and supply temperature, dry and wet bulb please.

Post Likes
    there is a door that separates the living space from the attic 10' from the return grill. I am going to insulate and attempt to seal this morning. Hopefully, that will fix the problem or at least help the situation.

Post Likes
    You claim to be a tech so be one. Please provide the super heat and subcooling #'s requested along with all the other information so we can make an informed decision to your problem!

Post Likes
    Must have at very least, SH & SC. Dry and wet bulb supply and return are also very appreciated. Outdoor ambient helps as well.