+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JCI CCT file downgrade from 10.4 to 10.2

Post Likes

Hmm JCI CCT file downgrade from 10.4 to 10.2

Hello,

I have been working with both FACs(ver. 10.4) and FECs(ver. 10.2) on different projects, some time back accidently opened and upgraded all my .caf files ver. 10.2 from a project to ver. 10.4 now I cannot select FEC as there isn't any in ver. 10.4

Have put in a lot of my time in programing those files, is there any way to revert back those files to ver. 10.4?

THIS IS STUPID

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukhtar Qureshi View Post
    Hello,

Have put in a lot of my time in programing those files, is there any way to revert back those files to ver. 10.4?
    *Have put in a lot of my time in programing those files, is there any way to revert back those files to ver. 10.2?

Today isn't a good day

3. Likes bolt950rider liked this post.
    Post Likes
    *Have put in a lot of my time in programing those files, is there any way to revert back those files to ver. 10.2?

Today isn't a good day
    Not that I am aware of. I have done that in the past myself, only to recreate them back in 10.2
    What you can do is export all the custom modules you have made then you can just re -import those custom modules when re-doing the program in 10.2
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacpilot View Post
    Not that I am aware of. I have done that in the past myself, only to recreate them back in 10.2
    What you can do is export all the custom modules you have made then you can just re -import those custom modules when re-doing the program in 10.2

just did that for a small system program, I got chiller plant on those files and a lot of connection works too, why would JCI do that

Post Likes
    If I am understanding you correctly, all you have to do is copy the files from the controllers back to your computer and overwrite the new ones.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by #1servicetech View Post
    If I am understanding you correctly, all you have to do is copy the files from the controllers back to your computer and overwrite the new ones.
    You got a good point there but unfortunately haven't programmed the controllers yet, I had prepared the programs for commissioning but project is undergoing installation work.

Post Likes
    You got a good point there but unfortunately haven't programmed the controllers yet, I had prepared the programs for commissioning but project is undergoing installation work.
    Let’s say that the CGM costs you $1k. Will you have more labor to recreate logic or just purchase a CGM?

Then reuse the FEC/FAC somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy158 View Post
    Let’s say that the CGM costs you $1k. Will you have more labor to recreate logic or just purchase a CGM?

Then reuse the FEC/FAC somewhere else.

Isn't running my business here management will surely go for reprogramming instead of putting in more money also the client isn't in favor of new gen controllers (many reasons for that). Thanks though have already started building from scratch

Post Likes
    I was hoping there was an answer for this out there. I have also generated a new program from time to time in 10.4 only to realize later I need it at 10.2. In the case of the upgrade you did, have you checked for any sort of backup created when you do a batch? I seem to have some files in a folder of uploaded and upgraded CAFs that have a .BAK extension. I don't know if they are the old format, but it is worth a look. I am on the wrong machine to check this out quickly right now. And for me, those files were upgraded from older to 10.2 I think.

If you find those are backups can you post the resolution so we all know?

Post Likes
    Those .bak files are previous uploads that you would save over if you were doing a mass upload. So cct saves them as a .bak so they get kept.

This is my understanding of them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in