Thread: Tailored Summaries in Metasys UI

Post Likes

Tailored Summaries in Metasys UI

I have been tasked with heading to a site 3+ hrs away and doing a report against the Metasys server to see how many temperature sensors are offline or in fault on a site with around 100 SNEs and 200 NAEs. I have, in hand, a spreadsheet that shows all the sensors, so I am pretty sure someone just made a tailored summary and exported the results to a csv file. (got around 5000+ sensors on my list) I would naturally assume that I could just duplicate it and modify the query a little and badabing - I got what I need.
    However it is a Metays UI site at Metasys 14 - I have never set foot on a site above 9. So I have never seen Metays UI - so I am trying to get a feel for what I am in for.
    Are Tailored Summaries still a thing in Metasys UI? how hard is it to get used to for a guy that has been swimming in the Metasys universe for 10 years like I have. not too bad?
    Basically, the drive has me a little nervous. I need to get an idea before I head out there. The service date will be in the next 3-4 week. TBD.
    I have in for a license for Metasys SCT and CCT at the new rev - I think 15 is out - as well as a fancy new MAP gateway. I knew the MAP sucked, so I let it suck all by hisself until I NEED to get into it. hopefully some of the suck has been shaken out. Also I know that the license thing was similarly sucky - hopefully that is slightly less so.
    Mainly interested in the SMP vs UI differences and the Tailored summaries in particular.
    Thanks in advande!
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Not at that version, they are available with the latest release but the new release SMP is a licensed feature. But at that version you can still connect to SMP and make your own or use the one that might still be there from the report you have. Metasys 12 just came out so I am assuming you are referencing the SCT version since they are different for some reason. Metasys 11 and SCT 14 are the same version.

3. Likes numbawunfela liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for responding Mr Deal!!
    So.... I am used to sitting down to, say, a Siemens service call where there are issues getting emailed alarms. I have 0 training and extremely limited exposure to Insight. In the course of around 2hrs, I figure put how to map a new virtual point. Put an alarm on it, and group myself and the Site guys on the new alarms group. Test the email and see it come through....
    So, with this in mind, how hard is it to make the Metasys UI version of a tailored summary? I am a pretty good Johnson guy, and I am not afraid to click around, and I am aright at figuring things out.m (thus the story at the start). Does Metasys UI have an equivalent feature?
    Yes - they said the CCT rev was 14. So I assumed the whole site was at that rev number... so I think it is Metasys 10, they got a bunch of new SNEs going in soon. Maybe they will go to 11 soon as well. Hard to know since I have not been there and have no one to ask.
    I seen a 10 site once, musta been using the SMP side, since it looked like any old Metasys site.
    The UI is shrouded in mystery....

Post Likes
    It’s mostly just the HTML5 version of SMP. They started transferring pieces of SMP to HTML5 at 8 or 9 and are finally finishing the Xfer at 15. I heard the user views will finally work again at 14 or 15. I think MUI is a giant piece of poo.

I think what you are actually looking for is a query Numba.

Just search the entire site for *ZN-T. I think that query is still in the new MUI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yah, maybe. I wanted something that shows in a verbose, clear way that a sensor is good or bad. I need to run that report and have it as documentation that a sensor was bad or faulted before I started, so we can get the easy cash to replace it.
    I know the query will give me all of a particular item. But I don't remember that I can export the query to csv. Or have it give the reading and the status of the point at the same time. I would need both.

Post Likes
    You should be able to use advanced search & reporting to bring in all your sensors and then export it to a CSV then sort by status. It could take quite a while to pull in all those points since it's such a big site.

I can't post a link but there's a JCI MUI help document that has instructions on how to do this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BAS Bird View Post
    I can't post a link but there's a JCI MUI help document that has instructions on how to do this.
    There is a testing area on Htalk. You can go test 5 or 6 times and get your post count up. Then you can post a link i think.
    Or you can go post 'nice post!' A few times when you find something that you agree with... it won't get you pro status but it will get you over the hump on the 'new member' restrictions.
    Or even post something like
    It is on htalk dot com slash kwduagjet slash 2kfogirhbq. And break up the url so the ai cannot tell it is a url.
    Thanks for responding!