+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Part Time Weekend/Nights Apprenticeship in South Florida

Post Likes

Part Time Weekend/Nights Apprenticeship in South Florida

Hey Everyone,
    I recently finished an boot camp style HVAC school and epa certification but currently work full time at a enterprise software company that pays me great for now but I am trying to find a part time or nights/weekend apprentice like role where I can gain experience without taking a major pay cut before fully transitioning into the industry in South Florida (Ft Lauderdale area/Miami).

If you would like to contact me directly my email is :
    AnthonyLorenzoHenriquez@gmail.com

Post Likes
    Take a pay cut now, or take a pay cut later. I tell all my apprentices the same thing, to be good at this trade, especially when you get into the big liability equipment you have to focus A LOT of time.
    I did a 5 year apprenticeship, worked 50+ hours a week and have been doing this for the past 11 years, I still learn almost everyday.
    Everyone has choices, I’m not trying to preach but in my opinion you have to be all in, not dabbling. If it’s something you really wanna do, jump all the way in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I agree. It's pretty hard to do it part time. I started in this industry 30 years ago working for a small mom and pop company making $10/hr for billable time only. Callbacks and trips to the parts house were not paid. When I first started I worked around 60 hours a week but was lucky to get paid for 30 so I was averaging $5/hr. I was also taking night classes at the local community college so I really had no life. I was married with a daughter at the time and couldn't live on $5/hr so I took on a second HVAC job working nights for a hospital making $11/hr. It made things better financially but my marriage ended because I was never home and my wife was unfaithful. I sacrificed everything to learn this trade and eventually went to work for a better company that paid me $22/hr and covered all of my time instead of just ticket time. I was eventually able to quit my night job at the hospital and get off welfare. I was quickly promoted to a field supervisor position and things started to smooth out. I went on to become a contractor myself and opened my own service company. I eventually sold it after 13 years for $3 million and took a job as a shop foreman and now a facility director. It took a lot of hard work and sacrifice to get where I am now but I don't think I would have made it if I didn't go all in.

4. Likes ksefan, honda907 liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in