Thread: 0-10V Lighting Controls

Post Likes

0-10V Lighting Controls

I have been asked to help with a lighting control upgrade in my companies office. Fixtures have already been purchased, and a program has already been written for the controllers. I was not involved in any of this up until now but I need to make it work. The fixtures are Lithonia CPX 2X4 4000LM 40K M2. The controllers we are using are capable of a 0-10VDC or 0-5VDC control signal. My understanding is that the fixtures put out 10VDC and dimming is typically accomplished with rheostat control so I cannot control them directly with a voltage signal from my controller. Sorry I am an HVAC guy and I am not super well versed in the LED lighting game.

Is there a module that can be purchased to accomplish the integration between our controllers and the lighting control circuit? Am I missing any details that would be helpful in accomplishing my goal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Thank you,

Chris

Post Likes
    The 0-10V control has two different methods, current sinking and current source dimmers (controllers). They are outlined in the PDF below. Apparently some dimmer controllers can auto detect and work either way. Which controller do you have?

https://25zt1c4d48t61kuxm12sd4on-wpe...g-Controls.pdf