Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Helpers/Apprentices Northwest of Boston

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    191
    Post Likes

    Helpers/Apprentices Northwest of Boston

    MAC HVAC is hiring again – no experience necessary, but trade school grads, EPA certified candidates and OSHA 10 card holders are preferred. Looking for helpers/apprentices at this time, but willing to meet with all experience levels. Bring the right attitude and we’ll train you for success.
    JOB REQUIREMENTS:
    • Be on time and ready to work.
    • Must be capable of following direction.
    • Must communicate clearly.
    • Don’t bring that drama.
    • Must be able to lift 100 pounds.
    • Comfort level with all tools.
    • Comfort level with ladders.
    • Clean driving record.
    • Positive attitude.
    • References required.
    Some benefits include:
    • Company sponsored health insurance.
    • Company sponsored dental insurance.
    • Company sponsored continuing education.
    • Company i-phone.
    • Paid holidays.
    • Paid time off.
    • Company sponsored 401K program with match.
    • Company shirts.
    • Tool re-imbursement program.
    • Training
    Email Mark directly for consideration: mark@mac-hvac.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    14
    Post Likes
    I’m a member of Local 103 and got started with 0 experience. It’s a 5 year apprenticeship with on the job training and schooling at the JATC. I know people who had plenty of training before becoming members and still had to start at the beginning. Previous training or lack there of was never an issue in my experience in the IBEW. When did you interview? Did you sign up for both electrical and low-voltage?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32,491
    Post Likes
    Everything listed except starting wage 🙄

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    39,461
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonmark View Post
    MAC HVAC is hiring again – no experience necessary, but trade school grads, EPA certified candidates and OSHA 10 card holders are preferred. Looking for helpers/apprentices at this time, but willing to meet with all experience levels. Bring the right attitude and we’ll train you for success.
    JOB REQUIREMENTS:
    • Be on time and ready to work.
    • Must be capable of following direction.
    • Must communicate clearly.
    • Don’t bring that drama.
    • Must be able to lift 100 pounds.
    • Comfort level with all tools.
    • Comfort level with ladders.
    • Clean driving record.
    • Positive attitude.
    • References required.
    Some benefits include:
    • Company sponsored health insurance.
    • Company sponsored dental insurance.
    • Company sponsored continuing education.
    • Company i-phone.
    • Paid holidays.
    • Paid time off.
    • Company sponsored 401K program with match.
    • Company shirts.
    • Tool re-imbursement program.
    • Training
    Email Mark directly for consideration: mark@mac-hvac.com
    Lift 100#’s?
    Better check with OSHA!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    191
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Lift 100#’s?
    Better check with OSHA!
    I didn’t say all at once!! Thanks for the comment !!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    191
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Everything listed except starting wage 🙄
    I start the guys with ZERO experience at 16$ and we train them as helpers. Reviews after 3 months and annually. Starting wage is relative to your experience level, no? Thanks for your comment.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    191
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by aberlna99 View Post
    I’m a member of Local 103 and got started with 0 experience. It’s a 5 year apprenticeship with on the job training and schooling at the JATC. I know people who had plenty of training before becoming members and still had to start at the beginning. Previous training or lack there of was never an issue in my experience in the IBEW. When did you interview? Did you sign up for both electrical and low-voltage?
    Believe it or not, I landed my entry level job in the industry by replying to an ad my previous employer posted on this exact website. That was 20 years ago. Anytime I’m hiring I come over here to drop an ad to provide an opportunity for someone who wants to break into the industry.. I’ll find someone one day on this website.. congrats on 103

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32,491
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonmark View Post
    I start the guys with ZERO experience at 16$ and we train them as helpers. Reviews after 3 months and annually. Starting wage is relative to your experience level, no? Thanks for your comment.
    Sounds plausible, go to McDonald's for $15 and learn to cook burgers or go to a HVAC company and learn a trade.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    39,461
    Post Likes
    So what would you pay for say 20 years?

  10. Likes R600a liked this post.
  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    4,428
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Sounds plausible, go to McDonald's for $15 and learn to cook burgers or go to a HVAC company and learn a trade.
    Around here McDonalds pay $20 to start same with Burger King, due to short staffing some fast food restaurants only offer drive through orders.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32,491
    Post Likes
    Oh my that's a game changer 🤔

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •