Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Toolkit for Initial AC Diagnostics

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Oh nice I hope to try that one someday myself.
    It's much quieter than a regular impact as they claim - takes a bit of getting used to since you expect the usual hammering noise and it's not there.

2. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have 5 gallon bucket that everyone makes fun of, its a heavy beast. However what i found is Berkley makes a rope handle to attach to 5 gallon buckets for fishing. Makes a hell of a difference carrying it and pulling up on a roof. You can have all those back packs and pouches. Lets see you throw down a pouch or backpack and take a seat on it. That's the magic of the 5 gallon bucket. You always have a shop stool to sit on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by btjfitter View Post
    I have 5 gallon bucket that everyone makes fun of, its a heavy beast. However what i found is Berkley makes a rope handle to attach to 5 gallon buckets for fishing. Makes a hell of a difference carrying it and pulling up on a roof. You can have all those back packs and pouches. Lets see you throw down a pouch or backpack and take a seat on it. That's the magic of the 5 gallon bucket. You always have a shop stool to sit on.
    Why sit? Paid to work not sit and and FB

R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    Lately I've been doing more laying down than sitting. I've been laying on kitchen floors diagnosing dishwashers refrigerators and garbage disposals. So yeah I do a lot of laying down on the job.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

6. Likes szw21 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    You go get ya some! Been at this for 40 years and just got a epideral in the l4 -l5 a few hours ago. If i can sit and diagnose the unit , I'm going for it. Get in a motor room they come in handy. What's this FB nonsense you speak of?

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Lately I've been doing more laying down than sitting. I've been laying on kitchen floors diagnosing dishwashers refrigerators and garbage disposals. So yeah I do a lot of laying down on the job.
    Not the most comfortable kind of lying down for sure. I find working under sinks the worst.

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by szw21 View Post
    Not the most comfortable kind of lying down for sure. I find working under sinks the worst.
    I'll take a sink over a bottom mount freezer with a quarter inch of half rotted meat juice ice any day.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

12. Likes szw21 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'll take a sink over a bottom mount freezer with a quarter inch of half rotted meat juice ice any day.
    Well ok I guess you beat me on that - never had that experience and hopefully never will - lol

14. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by szw21 View Post
    Well ok I guess you beat me on that - never had that experience and hopefully never will - lol
    It's a great way to ruin a day and smell like death the rest of the day.
    I hate bottom mount freezers.

16. Likes szw21 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Had a fresh chicken display case i had to pull apart in a warehouse club. Pulled it apart and wound up cleaning it also. Few YEARS go by and I also had swapped companies , get a call on the same case. Guess who cleaned it last. That is piss poor housekeeping on them in my book. Not as bad though as having to cut into the vacuum lines in a dental office to move the piping,even waste water treatment plants don't smell that bad.

18. Likes R600a liked this post.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234