Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rental Install.

Post Likes
    I split the strands in half in that case
    Additionally it holds the screw for you 😃
    Attached Images Attached Images   

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I split the strands in half in that case
    Additionally it holds the screw for you
    Oh what a mess.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.

Post Likes
    That was a wire sittin' next to me
    Should I grab a better one for a nicer rendition 😂

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    That was a wire sittin' next to me
    Should I grab a better one for a nicer rendition
    Nope it'd still drive me nuts.
    It bothers me enough that I didn't have shrink tubing for mine.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by btjfitter View Post
    Supposedly the jacketing is sweet to them. Made a lot repairing sensors on some 30GT chillers. Hard one to believe but had a squirrel chew through a compressor terminal lid on a Carlyle on one of those chillers. I know its not "by the book" but I had 3 30GTN chillers that I stopped replacing the sensors and just wire nutted them back together. Never had a issue with those connections either. Had one on a roof, maintenance put out traps, only thing is once they caught them, they took back down to the parking lot and let them go. LOL!

That is no joke, something about that gray wire that Carrier uses for sensors, squirrels and rats love it.

I'm with you on the splicing of sensors. I'll run a new one if there's time, and its accessible (like the stupid design for some RBs where you absolutely cannot get the wires through that compartment under the control box) but usually I splice them. Use the white, crimp, dead-end connectors, fill them full of dielectric grease first, then zip ties everything neat so the connectors point up so they don't fill with water and everything doesn't look sloppy AF. Of course people splice that stuff with orange wirenuts, cover them with a whole role of dollar store tape, and wonder why they have constant problems.

I had to splice the EXV wiring on a YVAA, and for that I used a little care, soldered the wiring and shrink tube on everything, figured that deserved a little more consideration.

The great professors of the art are not immune from the malignancy of matter and the eternal cussedness of inanimate objects.

6. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAINIK View Post
    That is no joke, something about that gray wire that Carrier uses for sensors, squirrels and rats love it.

I'm with you on the splicing of sensors. I'll run a new one if there's time, and its accessible (like the stupid design for some RBs where you absolutely cannot get the wires through that compartment under the control box) but usually I splice them. Use the white, crimp, dead-end connectors, fill them full of dielectric grease first, then zip ties everything neat so the connectors point up so they don't fill with water and everything doesn't look sloppy AF. Of course people splice that stuff with orange wirenuts, cover them with a whole role of dollar store tape, and wonder why they have constant problems.

I had to splice the EXV wiring on a YVAA, and for that I used a little care, soldered the wiring and shrink tube on everything, figured that deserved a little more consideration.
    When working technical support for a mfg, customer in Caribbean called saying he was having problems with chill water temp sensors failing, asked how many, “hundreds”. Asked he send them back for analysis. Got 12 back, one was bad, rest checked good. Common issue all had been cut & spliced with wire nuts within 1-2’ of the sensor. 95%+ dew point, copper wires, white powder on al jacket all the way to probe, not illegal powder( did taste test).
    Service tech was too lazy to run the attached wiring back into the control panel.

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Do you use sweeping 90's for your copper or regular?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2x4 View Post
    Well, we know what it should be.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2x4 View Post
    I use a tubing bender.

12. Likes EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    You put them stupid locking caps on????
    Hate those thibgs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably like here if it's new construction or gonna be inspected it required

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by droopylee95 View Post
    Probably like here if it's new construction or gonna be inspected it required

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Required here. Meth is a hell of a thing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSenner45 View Post
    Required here. Meth is a hell of a thing.
    Locking cap key with hose & plastic bag with every bag of clean needles would help stop equipment damage.

16. Likes TimSenner45 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsx View Post
    Locking cap key with hose & plastic bag with every bag of clean needles would help stop equipment damage.
    It is pretty funny because those guys could care less about some weird looking cap. Political nonsense, but I do it to pass inspection.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    The relay is wired to the high and low pressure safeties as a lockout to prevent cycling on safeties repeatedly. You have to remove the power to reset. The safeties are inside the condenser.
    R600a: what is the part # on that relay? Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersfan1 View Post
    I used a 24 volt coil single pole double throw fan relay from an electric air handler or old gas furnace. (AKA 5 pin peanut relay.) Basically whatever I happen to have handy.

Post Likes
    Most any small relay is going to have higher impedance and draw less current than a larger contactor. As long as that’s the case, almost any relay should work.

The great professors of the art are not immune from the malignancy of matter and the eternal cussedness of inanimate objects.

Post Likes
    Ok,

I wasn't sure if it was similiar to the lock out relays Trane uses on their larger equipment. I'm pretty sure those had high impedance coils on them, but maybe I'm miss remembering that.

Post Likes
    Ok,

I wasn't sure if it was similiar to the lock out relays Trane uses on their larger equipment. I'm pretty sure those had high impedance coils on them, but maybe I'm miss remembering that.
    I hear there is a specific lockout relay you can use but basically they just label it for you so it's easier for some people to hook up I prefer to make my brain work and just use a standard cheap peanut relay I already have on the truck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123