Thread: Rob Falke has entered the Golden Gates

Post Likes

Rob Falke has entered the Golden Gates

I am so sorry to report we have lost a friend, mentor, family and Co-founder of National Comfort Institute.

Rob Falke is an industry legend and will go down in history as one of the great contributors to the improvement of the HVAC industry.

If you were lucky enough to it through his training, or speeches or read his articles you are a lucky person as many on here have done. We will truly miss him!!!
    captain CO

2. Likes ksefan, kdean1, IceWhiteice, TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Sorry for your loss Jim

RIP Rob

4. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Hmmm... for some reason... the name is not ringing a bell...

Which classes did he teach???

The only class I ever took at NCI... was combustion and CO
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I met Rob at the NCI Summit this year. He was a congenial, supportive man who encouraged everyone to do the very best they could in the HVAC field. I had been reading his articles in trade journals even before I connected with NCI. David Richardson (NCI trainer) credits him with renewing his faith in the trade. Rob built a terrific organization at NCI which promoted an atmosphere of learning. I have great respect for Rob's contributions and will miss him personally and professionally.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Site member map HERE!

7. Likes pecmsg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Rob was a great teacher, I had him for the NBI certification and also some personal balancing work bids. He will be sorely missed and I thank him for the contribution to our trade. God speed....
    be honest to yourself and your clients

Post Likes
    I saw that last week, got an email about it. All you at NCI must be feeling some pain right now. Sorry for not only your loss but a loss to this industry.

Post Likes
    Met Rob about 12 years ago, believe it was in Denver. He will be missed and was a wealth of information.

Post Likes
    Wow he called me not 6 mos ago offering me a trainer position for... maybe the 4th or 5th time.
    I took a balancing class maybe 15 years ago and it was awesome. Did CO a year or two later. Almost hooked up with them then but it did not work out. They still distribute my article ( in the ed forums here) 'ECM Motors and the Air Balancing technician' at their air balancing classes (with permission of course).
    He would check in from time to time to see if the stars were aligned and we could work together. Being a modest man, he was always 'I hope you don't mind I bother you from time to time'. I would always tell him 'I love your organization and the work you do - that is why I ALWAYS answer when you call. Call anytime my friend'.
    They recently got the new ASHRAE standard passed on a procedure to measure the effective delivered capacity of a system... I forget the number. A great achievement.
    A good person and contributor to the industry.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

12. Likes kdean1 liked this post.