+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fieldpiece Clamps

Post Likes
    I also know that FP had trouble with the blue clamps and that the yellow replaced them, so it's likely they'll just cover it and you'll be taken care of. They are a great company and I've never been disappointed with their service, so let's hope they get you up and running.

I too like the new wireless probes etc, but I do understand that not all techs have access to the latest greatest tools. I applaud you and respect you for still doing the job with whatever you can afford.

2. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    A can of natty lite straight out of the cooler in the service van is my low side temperature probe.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

4. Likes BALloyd, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    A can of natty lite straight out of the cooler in the service van is my low side temperature probe.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    I would have pegged you for a Rainer man...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Name:  big.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  40.4 KB
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    I too like the new wireless probes etc, but I do understand that not all techs have access to the latest greatest tools. I applaud you and respect you for still doing the job with whatever you can afford.
    Thank you! For the record, it's not about what I can afford, I can afford all the latest and greatest. @70 it's more like trying to justify spending the $$$$ running service part time now, or should I say, work when I want to. I'm a 70 year young computer geek, computers are a hobby of mine and have been since the 80's, and at my age, I would rather put more money into my hobbies than my business. I'll let the others guys run more calls and because it's time for this old dude to.

Name:  man_relaxing_in_tropics_lg_wht.gif
Views: 248
Size:  30.1 KB
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ok, now you're my hero, I'm almost right there with you, computer geek and all. I''ll turn 65 in a few weeks and have no intention of slowing down.

10. Likes Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes

Fieldpiece Clamps

I sent an email with the pics to Fieldpiece, with all my information, haven’t heard a peep yet. Maybe I should have just called them, but I guess I wasn’t really to optimistic about getting a replacement from them, and I’m a 110% optimist. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I had issues with the blue clamps as well. Zero Issues with the replacement yellow ones. Fieldpiece support has been excellent in my expeirience. I wouldn't say their stuff is bulletproof. I had plenty of failures but they are pretty good at standing behind their products. My Fieldpiece scale took a crap today. Debating on what to replace it with.

Post Likes
    Hey, I just remembered I still have the original two wired clamps that came with my Sman 380 and never even taken them out of the box. If you wanna pay shipping, you can have them, and yes, they are the new yellow ones.
    PM me if you're interested

14. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Hey, I just remembered I still have the original two wired clamps that came with my Sman 380 and never even taken them out of the box. If you wanna pay shipping, you can have them, and yes, they are the new yellow ones.
    He should probably get first dibs but if not I want them.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    That would be great! My email is in my profile. Thanks!

Post Likes
    I ended up calling Fieldpiece, and they said if I could get my supply house to exchange the broken blue one for the yellow one, they can just send my supply house a new yellow one. I called my supply house, and they said no problem, just bring in the broken blue one, and we will exchange it for a new yellow one.

18. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yes like iceman said I had a few blue ones where spring broke. Got yellow one to replaced at no charge and they work great

Post Likes
    tHE BLUE CLAMPS ARE REPLACED with yellow ones FREE at your local seller!! the dealer just calls fieldpiece...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in