+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECM motors not working with standby generator

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    See you were already interested in hvac before you even knew it! I used to buy things from goodwill when I was kid so I could take them apart
    Me too. I loved talking things apart. In fact I still do. The thrill of taking something apart that I have never worked on before is why I love this trade.
    I once bought a leaf blower and took the motor off and rebuilt the carb to get it running and carved a very crude propeller out of a 2×4 and mounted it on a much to narrow model plywood style boat (it was actually thin pine we milled). It ran for a few seconds until the torque flipped the boat and the prop smashed into pieces on the water.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

2. Likes STEVEusaPA, BBeerme liked this post.
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    How do you figure square?

Square isn’t possible with a spinning rotor unless you modify the wave with electronics.
    I wonder what the wave form of a Honda eu2000i looks like?
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Me too. I loved talking things apart. In fact I still do. The thrill of taking something apart that I have never worked on before is why I love this trade.
    I once bought a leaf blower and took the motor off and rebuilt the carb to get it running and carved a very crude propeller out of a 2×4 and mounted it on a much to narrow model plywood style boat (it was actually thin pine we milled). It ran for a few seconds until the torque flipped the boat and the prop smashed into pieces on the water.
    That’s awesome!
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes

ECM motors not working with standby generator

I think they are true sine wave because the inverter technology that does that is a lot more common now. I have another brand but I thought for sure I remember it advertised as true sine wave.

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

6. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    That’s awesome!
    It was fun but disappointing that after at least 6 months of tinkering it didn't last 30 seconds. The motor somehow survived going under water while running.

Post Likes
    I think they are true sine wave but just because the inverter technology that does that is a lot more common now. I have another brand but I thought for I remember it advertised as true sine wave.
    I have one that's around 10 to 15 years old and has something like 2,000 hours on it that needs a carb rebuild and all new hoses so I can use it if the power goes out I wish you lived closer so you can come over and put a scope on it so we could find out how clean the power is.

Post Likes
    It was fun but disappointing that after at least 6 months of tinkering it didn't last 30 seconds. The motor somehow survived going under water while running.
    It was 6 months of learning for 30 seconds of glory

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have one that's around 10 to 15 years old and has something like 2,000 hours on it that needs a carb rebuild and all new hoses so I can use it if the power goes out I wish you lived closer so you can come over and put a scope on it so we could find out how clean the power is.
    Yeah man I’d love that! It’s unfortunate we’re all so spread out.

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It was 6 months of learning for 30 seconds of glory
    Yeah it was totally worth it because I learned how to tune a 2-stroke carburetor and how to rebuild one. Not to mention I learned a lot more about how the two-stroke engine works and I spent a lot of time with my friends who were old retired mechanics.

14. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    so, not 'what he said' ?

""https://trasportifunebri.napoli.it › Coleman_Generator_Not_Producing_Power.html
    Power Not Producing Coleman Generator [PMRFEK]

The rotor of the motor drives the generator. ... The output will be a sine wave, not a square wave or modified sine wave. ...

I've seen far too many references to this generator producing square waves or telling owners to adjust the inverter which doesn't exist. Feb 08, 2018 · Building Newb, All I know is that the inverter-based generators ...""

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GEO1980 View Post
    so, not 'what he said' ?

""https://trasportifunebri.napoli.it › Coleman_Generator_Not_Producing_Power.html

The rotor of the motor drives the generator. ... The output will be a sine wave, not a square wave or modified sine wave. ...

I've seen far too many references to this generator producing square waves or telling owners to adjust the inverter which doesn't exist. Feb 08, 2018 · Building Newb, All I know is that the inverter-based generators ...""
    That Link's kind of weird and didn't open right on my phone but the difference with the eu2000i is that the motor does not run to the constant speed so it couldn't produce a perfect sine wave at 60 hertz unless it used an inverter. Unless I'm missing something.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    GOE1980? Any chance you can answer your recent emails?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by GEO1980 View Post
    so, not 'what he said' ?

PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    That link let me to some kind of scam-y contest-website stating that I was the 5 billionth user and had won a prize.

That Link's kind of weird and didn't open right on my phone but the difference with the eu2000i is that the motor does not run to the constant speed so it couldn't produce a perfect sine wave at 60 hertz unless it used an inverter. Unless I'm missing something.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Was it shooting confetti off ?

20. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    That link let me to some kind of scam-y contest-website stating that I was the 5 billionth user and had won a prize.
    Yeah it matched some of the content of his posts I haven't been able to understand a lot of it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    GOE1980? Any chance you can answer your recent emails?

PHM
    --------
    I'll look again
    Process cooling: NO COMPRESSORS- just simply Earth-Coupled since 1996
    ... still needs to be hybridized with Earth-loop GTX for energy transfer/ chillin' /or thawin'

Perhaps you need a 22f Chiller/HW-Heat-Reclaim: buy a GEO-T Heat Pump (GTHP with Heat-Recovery)
    http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...mal_heat_pumps

http://www.hydro-temp.com/products.html and Bosch/Carrier/WF DHW while Cooling/Chilling

Post Likes
    If we we lived too close together, we'd starve.

Yeah man I’d love that! It’s unfortunate we’re all so spread out.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

24. Likes R600a, doc havoc, JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    FYI, guys (responding to reported posts)

GT1980 had returned under a different alias because he couldn't reset his password. I got him back into his previous, Pro account and closed the new one.

So he's fine, no worries.

26. Likes R600a, doc havoc, JayMan7, GT1980 liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in