Thread: Need to change emails

Post Likes

Need to change emails

Hey Mods?

Due to my coming retirement I logged into settings to change my email address from my work to personal email address when I tried to save I got this following response from the system:

The administrator has banned your email address. You will need to change your email address in order to continue. If you think this is done in error, please click here to contact the administrator..

When I did the click "here" it gave me information about resetting user name or resting password. I don't need to do either of those

So what's up? why won't it let me change my email?

Post Likes
    It appears you're trying to use an aol address? AOL is banned on the site because they report us as spammers.

Please use the "Contact Us" button at the very bottom to email me and we'll find a way to fix this. If you are using an aol address, you'll probably need to use something different. Gmail works well.

K

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    It appears you're trying to use an aol address? AOL is banned on the site because they report us as spammers.

Please use the "Contact Us" button at the very bottom to email me and we'll find a way to fix this. If you are using an aol address, you'll probably need to use something different. Gmail works well.

K
    OK thank for the explanation I do have a gmail account but rarely use it. I've been thinking of moving away from AOL as they have done several things I don't like, but it's confortable as I have been using the aol account since about 1985, My cell phone number has been the same since 1988. I'm kind of a dinosaur

4. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    OK thank for the explanation I do have a gmail account but rarely use it. I've been thinking of moving away from AOL as they have done several things I don't like, but it's confortable as I have been using the aol account since about 1985, My cell phone number has been the same since 1988. I'm kind of a dinosaur
    No that you mentioned this , I seem to remember there was a problem when I joined in 2015 with using AOL. but that been a while ago. thanks again

Post Likes
    If you can't get it, just email me at the "Cointact Us" button and we'll get it worked out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post

K
    I just changed my email to my gmail account now it won't let me go to different threads Yellow banner at top of page says I have not confirmed my new email address. is correct. sorry for adding to your work load

Answer-Man, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Post Likes
    I just fixed it. Sometimes the software does stupid things when a member changes their email address.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

9. Likes R600a liked this post.