Thread: What do the orange points on the map mean?

Post Likes

What do the orange points on the map mean?

red is residential only
    green is commercial only
    yellow is residential & commercial
    blue is refrigeration only

However, i do see some orange points as well... for example see the screenshot https://imgur.com/a/Ibud34x which a few.
    What do those mean?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    The water's not gonna clear up in Washington DC until we get the pigs out of the creek.
    Post Likes
    That is a fine question you have there. Really excellent.

Although I am been tasked with eventually divining the answers to questions of this nature - at this point in the time-continuum, said to be stretching all the way out to Infinity - although that is another thing I have yet to verify, all that I am capable of doing at this point is to steadfastly admire the veracity of questions such as the one you have so well articulated in your post.

BTW: What is it that you normally do for a living?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by rakem View Post
    red is residential only
    green is commercial only

However, i do see some orange points as well... for example see the screenshot https://imgur.com/a/Ibud34x which a few.
    What do those mean?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    The water's not gonna clear up in Washington DC until we get the pigs out of the creek.
    Post Likes
    This is mere deductive and un-collaborated observational research, but:

There are a great many fine colors available to use as Map Markers. As you have noted;

red is residential only
    green is commercial only

All the other colors, despite being available, remain un-assigned. These are:

purple X Reset
    yellow X Reset
    light green X Reset
    light blue X Reset
    light purple X Reset
    white X Reset
    brown X Reset
    black X Reset
    grey X Reset
    orange X Reset
    red dust X Reset
    spring X Reset
    maize X Reset
    olive X Reset
    tree X Reset
    forest X Reset
    mold X Reset
    teal X Reset
    sky X Reset
    cloud X Reset
    lavender X Reset
    fuscia X Reset
    sunset X Reset
    burgundy X Reset
    lilac X Reset
    sunflower X Reset
    candle X Reset

Although I can be lucky at times - my interim conclusion that the use of any marker colors other than red, green, yellow, and blue indicates that the map-organizer did not know the specific-work details of the person/company being assigned the mark at the time of assignment - is the casual work-product of mere speculation.
    Last edited by Poodle Head Mikey; 05-01-2022 at 11:01 AM.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Nope: I hereby retract my previous interim conclusion.

As both yellow and orange markers both 'click' to company-info - perhaps the former map-operator was color blind so orange and yellow looked alike to him. If that is Not IT - your guess is equal to mine.

The Map is currently a working-shambles - because The Marked never seem to update the changes to their own status; names, work interests, location, etc. when such things change. I originally noticed this before I was assigned the task of looking after The Map while trying to locate referrals for my own interests. But since having in-depth access I have found a number of people who's contact information is either changed, not monitored, or to which out-reach is ignored.

The correct answer probably lies within the task of me personally contacting every single entity noted on The Map and re-doing the entire Contractor Map piece by piece. But so far I have not found the time to do so.

So for now: Orange Is The New Yellow!
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    That is a fine question you have there. Really excellent.

Although I am been tasked with eventually divining the answers to questions of this nature - at this point in the time-continuum, said to be stretching all the way out to Infinity - although that is another thing I have yet to verify, all that I am capable of doing at this point is to steadfastly admire the veracity of questions such as the one you have so well articulated in your post.

BTW: What is it that you normally do for a living?

PHM
    --------
    He's a Pool Hall Shark.