Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Efficient Duct Design? I have concerns

Post Likes
    Yep. Anyhow, Latent heat has to go first. Then sensible.

Post Likes
    Your error is that your condenser wont run long enough to keep the evaporator cold. It will cycle on and off. Commercial buildings get past this issue with reheat. Reheat isnt something that you find in homes.
    Anyhow we are mainly talking about HUMID climates like South east Florida.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy111 View Post
    Yep. Anyhow, Latent heat has to go first. Then sensible.
    The air gets down to the dew point via sensible cooling solo with no latent. Then it’s a combo of latent and sensible walking hand in hand.

Post Likes
    Yes, However we are talking about Humid climates. The Dew-point is 75 - 80F.
    In in really humid places, you can hop in your car, start it up and turn on the ac and suddenly you cant see anymore with all the fog coming out of your vents and you feel like someone just hit you with a cool wet rag.

5. Likes Scoobie liked this post.
    Post Likes
    In in really humid places, you can hop in your car, start it up and turn on the ac and suddenly you cant see anymore with all the fog coming out of your vents and you feel like someone just hit you with a cool wet rag.
    That’s really all supply air from any ac unit. Cool clammy close to 100% rh air.

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Thats why I always keep the blower on medium high to high and the AC on and adjust the temperature until the air blowing on me is comfortable. I usually like it around 72f to 80f and ultra low humidity coming out of the vents.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234