Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Pro Applicants - Please Read

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    The water's not gonna clear up in Washington DC until we get the pigs out of the creek.
    Post Likes

Attention Pro Applicants - Please Read

PAY ATTENTION: All members applying for Professional Membership.

Some Frequently Asked Questions regarding Pro Membership -

1. How long for Professional Membership approval ?

Here below, and in the application form itself, we have very comprehensive instructions for you to read and follow - but if, after doing it yourself, you still have issues or questions about the process - please feel free to contact the Membership Committee at any time: we are here to help you.

Use the address Htalk.Membership@gmail.com

Some Reasons for Delayed Application approval -

"Applicant does not have enough technical-content posts."

Look; it’s really easy: just ask or answer some technical posts. Virtually anything will work - it just has to be at least slightly technical in substance. Feel free to contact us and we will help you if possible. A minimum of 15 ‘technical type posts’ Are Required Before submitting an application form. The present total is always displayed along with your site name on any post you make.

"Applicant does not send in the supporting documents verifying his or her qualifications."

We only know what you actually verify to us. Again: it’s really easy - just email us a pic of whatever you have: EPA card, union card, tech school diploma, etc. Any questions - just email us for help. All applicants who send an application without also sending in the requested documentations - Will Be Ignored.

BTW: All applicants will be initially assumed to be Pro Technical Applicants. If you are additionally qualified for Business & Marketing - or want to be additionally approved as a AOP Pro - just email to ask for it After you are approved as a Pro member.

"Applicant has nothing in profile indicating they are an HVAC professional.”

It’s this simple: Your Profile info is Mandatory and no application will be processed unless the applicant’s profile is well filled in.

"Applicant sends information that cannot be verified.”

Information which cannot be verified will be treated as not existing.

Any application that is not filled in entirely - may as well be canceled. Because we will not process incomplete applications And you cannot edit them later. Please do not submit any incomplete application - please fill in all the blanks on the application form.

We on the Membership Committee rely heavily on the information provided by you; the applicant. Please help us help you by You providing it to Us.

The Membership Committee does not use any information sent to us for any purpose other then to verify the applicant's professional status. All information is deleted as soon as an applicant's status has been determined. PLEASE! Let us know who you are, who you work for, and where in the world you are located - so we can more easily (and quickly) determine your professional status.

The sole purpose of the Membership Committee is to get as many HVAC professionals into the professional forums as fast as possible - without allowing non-professionals access to technical information with which they may harm themselves.

Please feel free to suggest to others that they apply for Pro Membership.

I really hope this helps but if it’s not enough help for you - do not hesitate to contact us for assistance, or post your inquiries below.

To Apply, click the link below

Last edited by Special-K; 02-19-2022 at 10:41 PM.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

2. Likes 2sac, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Is this a recent position ?

4. Likes jacob-k liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    The water's not gonna clear up in Washington DC until we get the pigs out of the creek.
    Post Likes
    The Chairmanship? If so; somewhat. Icemeister had been handling it for years and pretty much every detail about the SOP died with him. Somebody had to step up - so here I am. It's actually a committee but the other committee members declined to take over the chair.

Want to become a Membership Committee member? You not too old or anything are you? I do all the heavy lifting at this point and have short-cutted and work-around-ed the process to work-ability for the most part - so it's pretty straightforward. It would be handy to have some younger members around who know how it all works, and why, in case I am killed in a tragic elevator accident or something.

The original post here was the final re-write of an obscurely placed document from a decade or more ago and it's seemed outdated. What I posted is the latest - although I am well open to suggestions. The goal is to make it as easy and obvious how to gain Pro Member Status here - for those who are actually qualified. More Pro members will always serve to improve the site. I think it should be posted right in the Welcome Area - not a mile of scrolling down in the beginning of the Carnak Zones.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Is this a recent position ?
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    I see, I think you'll serve the title well. I agree new pro membership is critical to the advancement of this site.
    I'm probably closer to mortality then yourself so the passing of the baton would to a ghost.
    However should I stumble across the fountain of youth you'll be the first to know 👍🏻

Post Likes
    So
    @Otto was $100
    @Robo was Tequila

What PHM's liking?

8. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I will draw the line short of tequila but in general; whatever you are serving will be fine.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    So
    @Otto was $100
    @Robo was Tequila

What PHM's liking?
    PHM
    --------

10. Likes pecmsg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.

But it's not just The Membership Committee - it's all of us.

The continuity of this website and these forums Depends entirely on the perpetual gaining of new members. Anything which can be done, by any of us, to serve that goal, should be at least somewhere on all minds. Just mention the many benefits to other people in this business; in supply houses, meetings, seminars, other gatherings. You can at least suggest joining to anyone who seems like they might be or become interested. It would serve this website well and it will serve this industry better.

There are a lot of old guys here and they aren't going to last forever. They retire, they drift away from the trade, they focus more time on hobbies, and they die - that is all natural inevitable progression. But the fact that it is the inevitable future - dictates that finding, augmenting, and grooming their replacements should be at least somewhere on the minds of all of us all the time.

I am essentially a clerk with a title - I process them in (or reject the pretenders). But it all depends entirely on people first Asking to join the Pro ranks. And getting them to that point depends on the efforts of all of us. Just waiting to have people randomly stumble over this website is a piss poor strategy looking out into the future.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I see, I think you'll serve the title well. I agree new pro membership is critical to the advancement of this site.
    I'm probably closer to mortality then yourself so the passing of the baton would to a ghost.
    However should I stumble across the fountain of youth you'll be the first to know ����
    PHM
    --------

12. Likes R600a, crazzycajun, Jim1959 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We wish you the best PHM

14. Likes Jim1959 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    An excellent improvement! Thank you for your service.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    PAY ATTENTION: All members applying for Professional Membership.

Some Frequently Asked Questions regarding Pro Membership -

1. How long for Professional Membership approval ?

Here below, and in the application form itself, we have very comprehensive instructions for you to read and follow - but if, after doing it yourself, you still have issues or questions about the process - please feel free to contact the Membership Committee at any time: we are here to help you.

Use the address Htalk.Membership@gmail.com

Some Reasons for Delayed Application approval -

"Applicant does not have enough technical-content posts."

Look; it’s really easy: just ask or answer some technical posts. Virtually anything will work - it just has to be at least slightly technical in substance. Feel free to contact us and we will help you if possible. A minimum of 15 ‘technical type posts’ Are Required Before submitting an application form. The present total is always displayed along with your site name on any post you make.

"Applicant does not send in the supporting documents verifying his or her qualifications."

We only know what you actually verify to us. Again: it’s really easy - just email us a pic of whatever you have: EPA card, union card, tech school diploma, etc. Any questions - just email us for help. All applicants who send an application without also sending in the requested documentations - Will Be Ignored.

BTW: All applicants will be initially assumed to be Pro Technical Applicants. If you are additionally qualified for Business & Marketing - or want to be additionally approved as a AOP Pro - just email to ask for it After you are approved as a Pro member.

"Applicant has nothing in profile indicating they are an HVAC professional.”

It’s this simple: Your Profile info is Mandatory and no application will be processed unless the applicant’s profile is well filled in.

"Applicant sends information that cannot be verified.”

Information which cannot be verified will be treated as not existing.

Any application that is not filled in entirely - may as well be canceled. Because we will not process incomplete applications And you cannot edit them later. Please do not submit any incomplete application - please fill in all the blanks on the application form.

We on the Membership Committee rely heavily on the information provided by you; the applicant. Please help us help you by You providing it to Us.

The Membership Committee does not use any information sent to us for any purpose other then to verify the applicant's professional status. All information is deleted as soon as an applicant's status has been determined. PLEASE! Let us know who you are, who you work for, and where in the world you are located - so we can more easily (and quickly) determine your professional status.

The sole purpose of the Membership Committee is to get as many HVAC professionals into the professional forums as fast as possible - without allowing non-professionals access to technical information with which they may harm themselves.

Please feel free to suggest to others that they apply for Pro Membership.

I really hope this helps but if it’s not enough help for you - do not hesitate to contact us for assistance, or post your inquiries below.

To Apply, click the link below

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    You remind me of a recent question. I casually joked recently that some issue or other would be easier for me to resolve if only my house was not presently void of all alcohol. I remarked that intense pondering always gets improved results if I can sip a bourbon during the process of mulling.

And the immediate reaction/question was something like: Why is that - is there some particular reason?

I thought about it for a second and then stumblingly 'explained' with the idea because that the girls in NJ are (probably 'were' ) on some anti-inflammatory diet - of course means that I am, defacto; also largely on an anti-inflamation diet while there. This diet excludes alcohol, gluten, and dairy products. So for the few weeks I was there at Christmas I drank very little alcohol. When I got back to Florida all there was here was maybe 1/2" of bourbon in a bottle in the refrigerator. That didn't last long and in the weeks since tossing that bottle then I haven't been drinking any alcohol.

That's what I said - and it's all true. But the core reason is actually that I have not been drinking any alcohol for the last two months - is simply due to me always forgetting to go to the liquor store and I have no one here to send there.

The 'no alcohol' situation is really 99% the fact that I am lazy, shiftless, busy, and distracted - so I always forget to stop at a liquor store when I'm out.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    So
    @Otto was $100
    @Robo was Tequila

What PHM's liking?
    PHM
    --------

R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    An excellent improvement! Thank you for your service.

PHM
    --------
    Nice it looks like you got everything in one place. I like it.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    I have also been tweaking some glitches and anomalies and conflicts in the Pro Tech Membership Application.

If you can; maybe you could re-read through it and maybe see problems / issues that I may have missed?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Nice it looks like you got everything in one place. I like it.
    PHM
    --------

19. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is online now Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I have also been tweaking some glitches and anomalies and conflicts in the Pro Tech Membership Application.

If you can; maybe you could re-read through it and maybe see problems / issues that I may have missed?

PHM
    --------
    Sure thing.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    PHM,

Is it possible to put a link in the header page of the site to your well versed instructions?
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

22. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.

But it's not just The Membership Committee - it's all of us.

The continuity of this website and these forums Depends entirely on the perpetual gaining of new members. Anything which can be done, by any of us, to serve that goal, should be at least somewhere on all minds. Just mention the many benefits to other people in this business; in supply houses, meetings, seminars, other gatherings. You can at least suggest joining to anyone who seems like they might be or become interested. It would serve this website well and it will serve this industry better.

There are a lot of old guys here and they aren't going to last forever. They retire, they drift away from the trade, they focus more time on hobbies, and they die - that is all natural inevitable progression. But the fact that it is the inevitable future - dictates that finding, augmenting, and grooming their replacements should be at least somewhere on the minds of all of us all the time.

I am essentially a clerk with a title - I process them in (or reject the pretenders). But it all depends entirely on people first Asking to join the Pro ranks. And getting them to that point depends on the efforts of all of us. Just waiting to have people randomly stumble over this website is a piss poor strategy looking out into the future.

PHM
    -------
    I just gotta ask.... Are they paying you for this?

HVAC talk is a business and the owners of the site make money of the ad revenue. They should be using that to pay the professionals who are running the site and keep the rest that's left over. Of course I volunteer my time on Boards too, but they're non-profits..... not businesses.

Post Likes
    I'm sure it's possible - although I don't know myself how to do it. I suggested it but apparently there is some computer programing oddity which prevents it. So the present three-step linkage we have right now is the best which can be managed for the moment.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    PHM,

Is it possible to put a link in the header page of the site to your well versed instructions?
    PHM
    --------

25. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    To my knowledge there is no pay at my level. Perhaps there is to the pay grades above me.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    I just gotta ask.... Are they paying you for this?

HVAC talk is a business and the owners of the site make money of the ad revenue. They should be using that to pay the professionals who are running the site and keep the rest that's left over. Of course I volunteer my time on Boards too, but they're non-profits..... not businesses.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    To my knowledge there is no pay at my level. Perhaps there is to the pay grades above me.

PHM
    -------
    I heard around the water cooler that the mods are getting triple what you get.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Are you effin kidding me???? They have a water cooler???

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I heard around the water cooler that the mods are getting triple what you get.
    PHM
    --------

29. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Are you effin kidding me???? They have a water cooler???

PHM
    --------
    It even has the button for hot water

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

31. Likes R600a liked this post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast