Thread: Gas Fireplace Wont Stay Lit

Post Likes

Gas Fireplace Wont Stay Lit

Hey, everyone,

Homeowner here trying to fix my gas fireplace. Pilot light will ignite properly, fire will come on. After some amount of time, depending on the intensity of the flame, the fire and pilot light will go out. Theres no light switch or anything, just the physical pilot light button and knob for flame control. Ive seen videos of thermopile/thermocoupler with no real end result. Any one have any insight for this? I believe I have both of them in my gas fireplace. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Savackz View Post
    Hey, everyone,

Homeowner here trying to fix my gas fireplace. Pilot light will ignite properly, fire will come on. After some amount of time, depending on the intensity of the flame, the fire and pilot light will go out. There’s no light switch or anything, just the physical pilot light button and knob for flame control. I’ve seen videos of thermopile/thermocoupler with no real end result. Any one have any insight for this? I believe I have both of them in my gas fireplace. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Read the site rules, this isn't a DIY site unfortunately for you.

Post Likes
    Sorry, we don't support DIY on this site, especially in potentially dangerous issues such as this.

Please call a professional before you hurt someone.

Thread closed.

4. Likes R600a liked this post.