Thread: Whole House Surge Protection?

Post Likes

Question Whole House Surge Protection?

Hello, I'm looking at a whole house surge protector since my neighborhood is adding hundreds of apartment down the road and will be modifying the grid and transformers. Going to install the (EATON CHSPT2ULTRA).

Question is; will it be overkill to still have surge protectors at each device?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Probably, but how would you know if the whole house protector is working? It will fail someday so having the other protectors probably is a good idea. I am not sure if there is a cost to the extra protectors or not (other than first cost).

Post Likes
    I have both, not overkill for me. couple hundred dollars protecting many thousands....
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

4. Likes Zamoramax, Juan Madera liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Good to hear you are going whole house protection. As others have said, if you have individual device protection, all the better! Especially if you already own them, eh?
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein