+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABB VFD Availibility

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    I have been waiting for four months to have drives delivered and today was told it will be another thirty days before they ship. Anyone else feeling the pain?
    Look for a Yaskawa drive with the same specs.

Post Likes
    I keep hearing it's due to a lack of chips which make me wonder if the supply is being intentionally controlled.
    of course it is
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

3. Likes WakandaForNow liked this post.
    Post Likes
    ABB is busy losing their share in the market. They stopped supporting many models and can not have supply of newer models.

The ABB drives with one client is 6 to 8 Years old and busy failing one after the other. ABB don't have replacement drives.

I suggested to client that we remove all ABB drives and replace them with drives that have proper product support, drive repair support and stock

The client just made that decision last Month. So now Bye, Bye ABB. Welcome new XXXXXX drives with Drive Spares, Drives in stock, Drive Repair division and Recorded history of Drives in the field running 15 to 20 Years.

A good Drive investment for a client that have a couple hundred Drives in his operation.

5. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I keep hearing it's due to a lack of chips which make me wonder if the supply is being intentionally controlled.
    I don't think the supply is being controlled. No supply means no sale - no one benefits when there is no sale. But I am sure the suppliers are DEFINITELY using this as an excuse to hike prices.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in