+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm thinking of my next combustion analyzer purchase

Post Likes

I'm thinking of my next combustion analyzer purchase

I currently have a Bacharach Insight, that is working well and am just thinking of what comes next, and if there's any advantage to going to another brand. I might have to buy one for one of my guys, so I'm trying to think ahead.
    The things I like about the Insight is that you can change sensors yourself and it's good to go,
    what about UEI, how much does it cost to get sensors changed and how often do they need changed? The new 161 and 165 looks terribly expensive to send in every year and have it calibrated,
    How about the Testo 310/320, how do they compare?
    I also looked at the TPI 712/716 etc. and they don't give much info on sensors.
    I'm just looking for the least hassle and most user friendly, less costly to keep running.

Post Likes
    I've had a first gen Testo, UEI 155, and the Insight. I like the Insight the best. The UEI 155 was good and came with the first 5 years of free maintenance, even though I think it was about $50 in shipping to send back.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

3. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Hurst11 is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    I currently have a Bacharach Insight, that is working well and am just thinking of what comes next, and if there's any advantage to going to another brand. I might have to buy one for one of my guys, so I'm trying to think ahead.
    The things I like about the Insight is that you can change sensors yourself and it's good to go,
    what about UEI, how much does it cost to get sensors changed and how often do they need changed? The new 161 and 165 looks terribly expensive to send in every year and have it calibrated,
    How about the Testo 310/320, how do they compare?
    I also looked at the TPI 712/716 etc. and they don't give much info on sensors.
    I'm just looking for the least hassle and most user friendly, less costly to keep running.
    Im hoping the 6 years of warranty is as good as it seems to be with the uei 161 I just got and if I was betting, I’d say that it will not need anything until year 7 when it’s out of their warranty. I like the idea of the infrared o2 sensor that should keep some cost down, at least that’s the way it’s marketed. So far I like it but have nothing to compare it to as it’s my first analyzer.

Post Likes
    Are you sure about the 6 year warranty? The way I read it, it's kind of tricky advertising. You have to pay around a hundred dollars a year to keep it up. Still not bad tho.

Hurst11 is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    Are you sure about the 6 year warranty? The way I read it, it's kind of tricky advertising. You have to pay around a hundred dollars a year to keep it up. Still not bad tho.
    The way I understood it was by sending it to them every year, it continues the warranty for up to 6. I’m sure there is some kind of fee with that. I need to email them and get clarity on that.

Post Likes
    I'm following this as I am also looking for a new combustion analyzer. The things I value are serviceability and replacement part availability. Some manufacturers seem intent on ensuring your expensive tools are not self repairable.

Post Likes
    The testo 300 is amazing. Check out YouTube with Steve Lav for a demo on it.

Magnets to attach to plenums and real time read outs of 6 parameters with back lit display.

Awesome piece of gear.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in