+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Manitowoc USE0050A getting stuck in harvest randomly

Post Likes

New Manitowoc USE0050A getting stuck in harvest randomly

I have a two month old Manitowoc USE0050A (w/ condensate pump) and after making a bucket of ice, it will start constantly filling with water and pumping out. It repeats maybe a couple minute cycle over and over and over until I power off the machine and turn it back on. It then starts making ice like normal.

Upon turning the machine back on, the service light blinks 4 times but then goes on to start making ice as expected. Ideas?

Post Likes
    If the machine is 2 months old and giving problems you should contact the contractor you purchased the machine and had the installation completed by and tell them you're having problems with your newly purchased ice machine.

Post Likes
    Kinked drain? Install/Maintenance issue most likely.

Post Likes
    Talked to Manitowoc tech on the phone. The lights blinking indicates something with the condensate pump. He didn't like that it was draining into a p-trap and wanted an air gap. The drain pump works as I can hear water going into the p-trap when it is pumping. I can also see the water in the clear drain tube that ties into the p-trap. I might try draining into a bucket and see if it gets stuck on that cycle. I don't know of a good way to do an indirect drain under a sink if that does end up being the problem though.

Post Likes
    If you can see the water it might not be pumping fast enough like undersized, kinked somewhere inside or out or something caught in the pump.

Post Likes
    Reviving this thread. I'm the original poster. I updated the install to a gravity drain per Manitowoc's recommendation, but the issue hasn't gone away. I actually video taped this cycle happening twice, and if you watch at around 8:30 in the video, the service light blinks three times. Which makes me think that something might be up w/ the probes. But, its super confusing that the machine works 99% of the time and randomly gets stuck in this mode.

Anyway, here is the video. Would love any thoughts on what to try. Unfortunately, there isn't a nearby Manitowoc service center so I'm trying to see what I can fix/try.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bmrowe View Post
    Reviving this thread. I'm the original poster. I updated the install to a gravity drain per Manitowoc's recommendation, but the issue hasn't gone away. I actually video taped this cycle happening twice, and if you watch at around 8:30 in the video, the service light blinks three times. Which makes me think that something might be up w/ the probes. But, its super confusing that the machine works 99% of the time and randomly gets stuck in this mode.

Anyway, here is the video. Would love any thoughts on what to try. Unfortunately, there isn't a nearby Manitowoc service center so I'm trying to see what I can fix/try.
    Sounds like a bad on off switch making and breaking causing it to repeat the beginning purge over and over.
    Last edited by Gary Warren Jr; 08-20-2022 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Added to my explanation

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in