Thread: Trane Voyager

Post Likes

Trane Voyager

I am working on a trane voyager that will only stay lit between 1-2 minutes. It has recently had the ignitor, high limit switch, ignitor board replaced. Also, the draft fan continues to operate even after ignition failure. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    You probably won't be able to get help in the open part of the forum. At any rate, we need to know the model number, or at least the burner type. Have you checked your flame signal, gas pressure? Flue analysis? Lockout code?

Post Likes
    Also if it's a negative pressure gas valve it would be a combustion blower.
    One type pulls the other pushes.

4. Likes supers_5 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Is the rollout switch rusted.

Post Likes
    What rollout switch ?

7. Likes slctech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    are the flue screens blocked with chunks of rust ....

Post Likes
    Open forum makes it tough to assist much. Looks like Snapper has suggested to check the screen, will have to remove the assembly and be real careful removing it from the bulk head as to try and not destroy the gasket or have a new gasket ready. Screws mounting the assembly can rust out and strip easy so have some slightly oversized ready to replace those.

The Voyagers are infamous for cracked or rotted through heat exchangers, so could be after ignition that the main blower is causing issues. Suggest inspecting the heat exchanger and vent tubing thoroughly.

Will say to monitor your inlet pressure to make sure when the unit starts-up that your not getting too much of a pressure drop, at the same time monitoring the outlet pressure of the negative pressure valve, gas pressure should not be varying too much. Those negative pressure valves can get pretty quirky and you get a nice ignition but after a bit they lock-up. You can see this with a manometer. Sometimes well intentioned techs not understanding these systems will not know that these are a negative pressure gas valve and crack open the security cap and try and crank the gas pressure up.

As stated, by VTP99, there are no roll-out switches on these so ignore that comment.

And, Yes, the combustion blower will stay running if there was a fault during a call for heat, just is what it is with these systems. If in the summer you walk by one and the combustion motor is running and there is no call for heat....well that is a different story for a different day.

Don't know why I waste my time on these one-post wonder members that come in here, but be nice if every once in a while they return to contribute.

Post Likes
    I'll add that there's no combustion blower proving switch as well.
    How does one replaced just about everything on the hot side and still have a non working unit ?

slctech
    He'll probably return to mention it was his bad it's a Precedent ! :

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I'll add that there's no combustion blower proving switch as well.
    How does one replaced just about everything on the hot side and still have a non working unit ?

slctech
    He'll probably return to mention it was his bad it's a Precedent ! :
    Don't need one. The combustion motor runs 24/7/365
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes

Truth be told !