Thread: Chiller tech job search Eastern NC

Post Likes

Chiller tech job search Eastern NC

Been working in commercial/industrial HVAC for about 8 years and have been actively pursuing more chiller work. Iíve spent a good amount of time with screw chillers -air and liquid cooled, and have participated in a couple tear downs on some York and Trane centrifugals. The company Iím with just doesnít have the work to meet my career goals, so Iíve invested in schools on my own dime in an attempt to beef up my resume.
    Iíve been hammering Daikin, Brady, and JCI with applications for about 2 years, but not so much as a phone call or email back. What else can I be doing to look good to employers in this specific field to get my foot in the door?

Grateful for any advice!

2. Likes big-bubba liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Not industrial but Pro Chillers has a plant in NC.

Post Likes
    "NETWORKING" You have done a great job so far, in covering your bases, with resume update, phone calls and emails. Now you need to find a person, who knows a person, who also knows a person, that can get you some face to face time with a prospective company you wish to work for. Then, you sell yourself to this employer, and you will be in. Other ways to NETWORK are: Join Local Professional HVAC/R Organizations, and attend meetings and meet people that know people, go to trade shows, etc. Have yourself some personal business cards made with all your pertinent information, such as Name, Address, and all of your other Contact Information, and drop them off where they need to be dropped off. Now if you wish to become a factory chiller troubleshooter, and Teardown/rebuilder, you MAY Need to apply at the factory.

Good Hunting

Post Likes
    Aside from the online application, call them directly to do an old fashion follow up. Try to figure out who is their recruiter or inquire of their HR directly (avoid month's end and beginning). HR is normally pretty busy but they know who to pass you to and are eager to give you an answer so they can get back to their busy lives.

Post Likes
    Great advice, thank you!
    I’ve been doing what I can through Linkedin but I hadn’t thought about trade shows and local groups. Definitely going to dive in those two things more.

7. Likes big-bubba liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I will get you all the chiller work you want here in north Georgia! Our office is out of Atlanta, come on down and we will make it happen.

9. Likes nutradesman, Rbailey89 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I’m interested, is the email on your profile a good way to get in touch so I can learn a little more?

Post Likes
    Damuth in Virginia is hiring. Their area covers the eastern shore of Virginia,Hampton Roads, Norfolk and North east NC. Last I saw they were offering a $7,500 sign on bonus as well.

Post Likes
    Thank you! Iíll check them out too!

Post Likes
    Yes sir, email me and ill shoot you my cell#.
    BTW its a "zero" Not an O in H20 for my email.
    Last edited by GAchillrtek; 12-02-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Post Likes

Chillers

Quote Originally Posted by Rbailey89 View Post
    Thank you! Iíll check them out too!
    What part of NC are you located in? I know alot of people in the chiller side of things. Send me an email with your number and I will reach out to you.