+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hope this is enough

Post Likes

Hope this is enough

Return for a 2 ton

12” round comes in on one side 14” round on the back side.

Having a cap made for the top so no that is not what goes on top….

And it needs strapped up plumb yes….

Fricken plumber was jackhammering 8’ away I needed to get out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes R600a, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    What brand drill is that? Looks boschy to me... and the pex on those water heaters.. blah.. your work appears to be the best thing in there so far. They are overbuilding the other trades. Lol.
    Good work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Hope this is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    What brand drill is that? Looks boschy to me... and the pex on those water heaters.. blah.. your work appears to be the best thing in there so far. They are overbuilding the other trades. Lol.
    Good work.

Bosch yes. Have a full Arsenal of the tools including one 36v stuff.

I think however once it craps out I might switch to red. I think they have a better lineup geared toward our trade where Bosch I feel is more construction geared.

The plumber is incredibly sloppy and has crap slung everywhere and not the least bit neat and organized.

The HO is trying to act as GC and it’s a mess. Every day something is changing. Walls getting taken down or added where they were not before. Basement rooms going from unfinished storage to finished and needed conditioned. Just yesterday the plumber was told the sink he plumbed in for the kids bed is now getting changed to a pedestal sink and he need to redo his lines along with other changes.

At one point the half bath for the main living area that was plumbed in already was getting converted to a wet bar to the toilet flange and exhaust vent needed to be removed.

Got 2 scratch and dent tankless water heaters so he put both of them in. 199k rheem units.

Bet there is over 150 can lights. Electrician is doing good work I will say. 400 amp service main and 3 sub panels.

At one point he decided he wanted to move a basement wall with a door that then made the door swing into my main supply trunk. So he insisted I move the supply. Had to have a double offset made and move my trunk.

The house is 4200 sqft finished.

It’s been an interesting projected.

5. Likes Zamoramax, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Bosch yes. Have a full Arsenal of the tools including one 36v stuff.

I think however once it craps out I might switch to red. I think they have a better lineup geared toward our trade where Bosch I feel is more construction geared.

The plumber is incredibly sloppy and has crap slung everywhere and not the least bit neat and organized.

The HO is trying to act as GC and it’s a mess. Every day something is changing. Walls getting taken down or added where they were not before. Basement rooms going from unfinished storage to finished and needed conditioned. Just yesterday the plumber was told the sink he plumbed in for the kids bed is now getting changed to a pedestal sink and he need to redo his lines along with other changes.

At one point the half bath for the main living area that was plumbed in already was getting converted to a wet bar to the toilet flange and exhaust vent needed to be removed.

Got 2 scratch and dent tankless water heaters so he put both of them in. 199k rheem units.

Bet there is over 150 can lights. Electrician is doing good work I will say. 400 amp service main and 3 sub panels.

At one point he decided he wanted to move a basement wall with a door that then made the door swing into my main supply trunk. So he insisted I move the supply. Had to have a double offset made and move my trunk.

The house is 4200 sqft finished.

It’s been an interesting projected.

I'm doing a very similar job. The designer is doing the changes. About 5200²ft on this one. Only issue is I'm also sparky. And yep about 150 cans and 50 wall sconce/pendants.

Post Likes
    Great job. I like the riser box under the furnace so the whole 20x25 media cleaner has air sucking through it. Most installers set furnace on the ground, set 20x25 beside the furnace which has a 16x25 opening and expect full filtration and airflow.

8. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Great job. I like the riser box under the furnace so the whole 20x25 media cleaner has air sucking through it. Most installers set furnace on the ground, set 20x25 beside the furnace which has a 16x25 opening and expect full filtration and airflow.
    See it everyday and just laugh.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    I'm doing a very similar job. The designer is doing the changes. About 5200²ft on this one. Only issue is I'm also sparky. And yep about 150 cans and 50 wall sconce/pendants.

I hope the roof deck will be sprayfoamed because can lights are terribly leaky.

BTW, nice work on the return duct.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    I’m excited to fire these up in a few months and see the static. This will be the first job start to finish I got to do every bit of the j, d, and s. And the install…

I could have/ should have done the drop in 16x25, must have had a beer or two when I ordered it 20x25. O well cost me an extra few $ in metal.

12. Likes Zamoramax, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    I’m excited to fire these up in a few months and see the static. This will be the first job start to finish I got to do every bit of the j, d, and s. And the install…

I could have/ should have done the drop in 16x25, must have had a beer or two when I ordered it 20x25. O well cost me an extra few $ in metal.

I do a lot of "oil to gas", "oil to HP"jobs, and I always keep the old monster return the same size into my media. Can't hurt right? Have never had problems with a drop that is oversized .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in