+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 32 Bit Windows 10 32 Bit Honeywell AX But 64 Bit Open LDV 5 64 Bit

Post Likes

32 Bit Windows 10 32 Bit Honeywell AX But 64 Bit Open LDV 5 64 Bit

Lon where are You?
    Troubleshooting Lon network segments without an AX Jace
    U10 USB Network Interfaces
    I am properly running 32 Bit Windows 10 and 32 Bit Web AX 3.2 but the Open LDV 5 Is 64 Bit running in windows 10- 64 Bit
    The Lon adapter appears in Windows 10 64 Bit ,Device Manager, as Echelon Adapter, Not Lon 1 or Lon 2
    Adapter does not appear In windows 10 -32 bit Device Manager
    Cannot find 32 bit version Of Open ldv
    How to make this work In AX 3.2.?
    Is there a Contemporary Controls Lon router that works as Easy as Their BACnet BASRT Router?

Post Likes
    I have used openLDV 64 bit on a 32 bit computer successfully. The likely issue is the driver is too new for Niagara 3.2.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Do I Still need a 32 bit Version Of Niagara AX or N4?

Post Likes
    Older installs had no 64 bit version. So to have those installs you will need 32 bit versions. For versions with a 64bit install, that is the only one you need.
    I also kept all 32bit installs for LON compatibility. When openLDV5 came out, I restructured to all 64bit installs for the ones that have it.

Post Likes
    I go back to the site next week
    You are saying if I have the 64 bit LDV driver, I can use my 64 Bit Ax workbench?

Post Likes
    I am saying that I used to have ALL 32 bit Niagara installs - until around 6-8 mos ago. Because of this LDV5 thing. So I re-built my Niagara VMs in 64 bit because I could not get ...4.9(?) I think any other way. When I had the new one licensed and before the old one figured out he was not licensed anymore, I took a building I serviced, sucked up the station, and ran it on my laptop using the LDV5 driver and a 64bit Niagara install and it worked great to see the building. I took the same station, ran it in a 32 bit build and I had identical results - I could see the building with a 32 bit and a 64 bit workbench and the usb to Ft10 adapter - with the LDV5 driver. This was Niagara 4.7. It worked just like the LDV4 driver did, but LDV5 worked on a 64 bit install AND a 32 bit install.
    I have not tried it with any other rev, and you are not only in AX, you posted you are in 3.2 - so you are WAY WAY back there. My gut would tell me to be pretty sure the LDV5 driver would work with 3.8 - but I dunno about 3.2. I have reported what I know. If I were you, and it were a long drive, or if there was significant risk of hair on fire, I would try to find a LON anything and test it out before you leave.
    I would be surprised if your Niagara Support channel would be unable to get you the LDV4 driver somehow. Maybe ask them about that. I will say that the HostID ALWAYS is different when you install a 64bit and a 32 bit workbench. So do not expect to skate by without needing to transfer a license. Also 3.2 did not have a 64bit install. That did not start until I think 3.6 - or around there. Even then I dunno if it will work with LDV5. Again the support channel may have spent more time on that than I have.
    I hope it helps!!

Post Likes
    Yes 3.2, At our support site,That was the only 32 bit version
    I was able to download. To add to the problem , it changed my host ID, and I had to submit that so the license would
    Be valid.
    I was told that Everything, Had to be 32 bit for this to work,
    That included Windows 10 and Workbench
    Great, I use mostly , N4- 4.7 64 bit,
    So I should be good to go with N4 64 bit and my 64 Bit Windows 10

Post Likes
    An additional detail is that my windows was 64 bit throughout my little experiment. In case that details helps. The LDV4 driver seemed to need the workbench to be 32 bit, not windows.
    Also, the host ID is generated by each Niagara install. So your other 32 bit installations will be at the old host ID, and will therefore be broken when you transfer your license to make a 64bit install happy and the workbench pops up to check it.
    Run those other versions when you are not on the internet and they may not realize they are broken for a time.... but it is no way to live your life.
    Yes you can transfer your license back to the old hostID. And yes it is possible to have a Niagara install with all 32 bit versions from 3.2 up to 4.8 at the same Host ID. And all 64 bit versions from 3.5 to 4.10 at the same Host ID. Just expect the unpatched Niagara installs to regenerate their HostID someday and mess it all up.

Post Likes
    hey i am trying to get my TP/FT-10 lon usb adapter working with workbench . my workbench is version 4.10.1.36 and my LDV5 software is the lastest version. im am getting this readout in the application director. Any ideas? thanks

INFO [16:27:25 26-Apr-22 CDT][sys] LON interface using IPC to access LON1
    INFO [16:27:25 26-Apr-22 CDT][sys] ldvOpen: ldvProxy not started 31

Post Likes
    Under windows control panel you should have a grey icon for LDV500 or 400, open that without the adaptor plugged in and the adaptors pane should be blank. Now plug in the adaptor and LON1 should appear.
    Test it and wink it. All OK?
    Make sure your Lonworks adaptor name in your station has LON1 as its name. And is {ok}

Post Likes
    I started playing with this on my newest laptop, and can't get any 64 bit install to work. I know for a 100 percent it's a 64 bit issue. I have all 32 bit version prior to 4.9 installed and licensed that way. I have everything higher than 4.9 installed 64bit and licensed that way. Same host id. I have ran a test 4.8 32bit station, a 3.8 AX 32bit station both successfully. Nothing 64bit works with the LDV5 driver for me. Haven't spent a huge amount of time on this but for me it's a dud in 64bit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    I have all 32 bit version prior to 4.9 installed and licensed that way. I have everything higher than 4.9 installed 64bit and licensed that way. Same host id.
    What wizardry is this? I tried and could not get mixed 32 and 64 bit Niagara Inastallations to generate a matching HostID. Even the Niagara help docs say it will not match.
    Not really the point of your post, but I am curious....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    What wizardry is this? I tried and could not get mixed 32 and 64 bit Niagara Inastallations to generate a matching HostID. Even the Niagara help docs say it will not match.
    Not really the point of your post, but I am curious....
    Yeah mis-spoke there! Was typing before coffee!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Yeah mis-spoke there! Was typing before coffee!
    Oh my.... that is every other Thursday for me. No worries....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Oh my.... that is every other Thursday for me. No worries....
    Huh everyday ending in Y for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes numbawunfela liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in