Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bryant 2 stage heater makes noise by gas amount

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sthiruma View Post
    I am not sure where this metal connector. Is it supposed to be outside the furnace.? But the contractor shown me the sound coming from gas flame only which gets the air from burner. So I could understand the speed of gas flame (bluish) with air from top which gets mixed causes this noise.
    So if he reduce this gas, then amount of blame goes less and sounds less.

Based on earlier reply, it is not good to reduce the gas flame. So is there any other possible way to reduce this mixer sound. It is kind of windy sound. Like you stand on top of mountain and narrow entrance the air goes that kind of sound.
    Sorry.. I am running out of idea since the gas burner sound significant. So I need to explore the option of moving all the duct and furnace to move to attic. Ofcourse, I have spent a lot of money to replace the duct in crawlspace and replace the furnace in a closet. Having these, pls suggest if you know of any optimal way to move it up. Ofcouse all the material is 2 weeks old. And I assume, if I move it to attic, I wont be bothered with this noise. Pls suggest the ideas. I did not ask the company about the quote. But pls let me know if any good choice of moving it up. And my attic has space for sure..

Thanks in advance for any good suggestions.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    You aren't running out of ideas - you don't seem to have even explored any. Let's start at the beginning rather than jumping ahead by guessing.

You have a 1500 square foot house in Santa Clara CA. Typical summer max of 81º F. Typical winter low of 42º F.

What is the heating capacity of the new furnace?

Please post the entire model number of the furnace. Take off the front cover and look for the sticker displaying it.

Have the installing contractor come back and test the gas pressure to the burners three times. With the burners off, and with the burners firing at low stage, and with the burners firing at high stage.

Post the results of his gas pressure testing here.

PHM
    ---------

Sorry.. I am running out of idea since the gas burner sound significant. So I need to explore the option of moving all the duct and furnace to move to attic. Ofcourse, I have spent a lot of money to replace the duct in crawlspace and replace the furnace in a closet. Having these, pls suggest if you know of any optimal way to move it up. Ofcouse all the material is 2 weeks old. And I assume, if I move it to attic, I wont be bothered with this noise. Pls suggest the ideas. I did not ask the company about the quote. But pls let me know if any good choice of moving it up. And my attic has space for sure..

Thanks in advance for any good suggestions.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Yes.. let me call them and schedule to measure the pressure.

Will update you followed by appointment.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes
    No reason to delay posting the furnace model number, is there? Can't you do that right now?

Please - throw us a bone here. <g>

PHM
    --------

Yes.. let me call them and schedule to measure the pressure.

Will update you followed by appointment.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

5. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    No reason to delay posting the furnace model number, is there? Can't you do that right now?

Why can't you answer our questions?

Post #18 and #19 had questions that will help us determine where your problem may lie.

You ask for help, then ignore our questions. Why should we continue to assist with this issue you are having?

Do you not understand our questions?
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes

PHM
    --------
    Oh Sorry.. I did not mean not to provide. I missed it.

The Model is 926TB

Pls let me know if you. need further details.

Post Likes

The Model is 926TB

Thanks for the model number.

Now keep up the good work and answer the questions in post #18 and #19.

Post Likes
    I really sorry and did not see this question and might have missed because I am new to this space..I really missed it..

There is one pipe of 24 inch approximate diameter going towards attic..
    And there is one other pipe of almost 12 inch diameter I guess connected from A/C and connected to blower could be.. and also extended to connect to furnace and also extended to be a vent inside the closet itself..

Not sure whether I am describing right here.. Is there any way to load a photo here..?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    I’m going to add to what “firecontrol” is asking……

Does the furnace room door have louvers (openings) on it?

Is there a gas water heater in this same closet?
    No the door is complete door and there is no louvers opening.
    Yes the gas water heater is in sdie the same closet.. and never heard of noise with it.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the model number.

Now keep up the good work and answer the questions in post #18 and #19.
    I really sorry and did not see this question and might have missed because I am new to this space..I really missed it..

And there is one other pipe of almost 12 inch diameter I guess connected from A/C and connected to blower could be.. and also extended to connect to furnace and also extended to be a vent inside the closet itself..

Not sure whether I am describing right here.. Is there any way to load a photo here..?

Post Likes
    I found the way to attach photo and video.. Probably I will attach a video in 2 hours.

Thanks

Post Likes

And there is one other pipe of almost 12 inch diameter I guess connected from A/C and connected to blower could be.. and also extended to connect to furnace and also extended to be a vent inside the closet itself.

Is there any way to load a photo here..?
    Those are not the pipes I am asking about. There should be 1 or 2 white plastic pipes about 2"-3" in diameter coming out the furnace. How many of those white pipes do you have?

The other questions I asked:

Is there a gas water heater in this closet?

Is the door to the closet "solid" in construction or does it have louvers (openings in it) to allow airflow to pass through the door?

To add a photo:

Find and select the “Go Advanced” tab just a short distance below where you would type in the information on your post.

Then scroll down and select the “Manage Attachments” tab in the “Attachment” section.

Once on that screen, click on “Add Files” tab, then select the “choose file” tab. That will allow you to browse your computer for the file. Once you find and select the file you want to upload, select the “upload” tab (twice - two different screens) and that will place the file or picture as an attachment on your thread.

Note: File size is limited to 10MB. Anything over that will not upload.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Post Likes
    Thanks but that is a Series Number.

The Model Number will look something like: 926TB 480V17

What I / we are primarily interested in at this point is the BTU capacity of the furnace. The full model number should reveal that to us.

The model humber (and the furnace's heating capacity) is also printed on the furnace's data label. With Bryant products this label is often located at the bottom (the floor / the bottom panel) of the burner compartment. Below the gas valve and small motor which starts before the burners fire.

PHM
    -------

Oh Sorry.. I did not mean not to provide. I missed it.

The Model is 926TB

PHM
    --------

Post Likes

The Model is 926TB
    This is like saying I have a Honda, Ford, Chevy.
    Generic, but better than nothing.

When someone posts a question here and refuses to answer our questions or provides completely useless information, those trying to help will eventually lose any interest in helping!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    No the door is complete door and there is no louvers opening.
    Yes the gas water heater is in sdie the same closet.. and never heard of noise with it.
    Thanks for adding this information.

I was thinking the door may have had louvers because of the old furnace (allowing air into the closet), and now with the new 90% furnace, they were not needed.

Closet doors with opening in them tend to allow more noise to be transmitted to adjacent spaces, but in your setup, that is not the case.

Very short return ducts also can add to noise issues.

Moving this system to the attic maybe your only solution if you feel the burner noise level is excessive.

Before you go to that extreme, I might even try to get a second opinion.

Side note: As others are asking, please provide the full model number. It is possible this contractor installed a system that was way too large for your needs.

Post Likes
    Hell; we have no idea at this point if he even has the correct furnace for his house

Nor how well it is operating.

I keep trying to pry out the most basic information as a proper starting point - but it's been a tough go so far I can tell ya. <g>

A "926TB" could be anywhere from 40,000 to 120,000 !

Maximum difference-to-ambient of 30º. 1500 square foot house. <g>

Please! WHAT IS THE FULL MODEL NUMBER OF THE FURNACE ???

PHM
    --------

Thanks for adding this information.

I was thinking the door may have had louvers because of the old furnace (allowing air into the closet), and now with the new 90% furnace, they were not needed.

Closet doors with opening in them tend to allow more noise to be transmitted to adjacent spaces, but in your setup, that is not the case.

Very short return ducts also can add to noise issues.

Moving this system to the attic maybe your only solution if you feel the burner noise level is excessive.

Before you go to that extreme, I might even try to get a second opinion.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes

Side note: As others are asking, please provide the full model number. It is possible this contractor installed a system that was way too large for your needs.
    Hell; we have no idea at this point if he even has the correct furnace for his house

Nor how well it is operating.

I keep trying to pry out the most basic information as a proper starting point - but it's been a tough go so far I can tell ya. <g>

A "926TB" could be anywhere from 40,000 to 120,000 !

Maximum difference-to-ambient of 30º. 1500 square foot house. <g>
    I agree - see my comment above.

Post Likes
    Those are not the pipes I am asking about. There should be 1 or 2 white plastic pipes about 2"-3" in diameter coming out the furnace. How many of those white pipes do you have?

The other questions I asked:

Is there a gas water heater in this closet?

Is the door to the closet "solid" in construction or does it have louvers (openings in it) to allow airflow to pass through the door?

To add a photo:

Find and select the “Go Advanced” tab just a short distance below where you would type in the information on your post.

Then scroll down and select the “Manage Attachments” tab in the “Attachment” section.

Once on that screen, click on “Add Files” tab, then select the “choose file” tab. That will allow you to browse your computer for the file. Once you find and select the file you want to upload, select the “upload” tab (twice - two different screens) and that will place the file or picture as an attachment on your thread.

Note: File size is limited to 10MB. Anything over that will not upload.

Let me know if that makes sense.
    Sorry folks.. it is little lot more video.. in case if you have tiktok you could watch the below video. See whether I could trim it down.
    Please bear with me.. still finding it hard to attach.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8MdARBB

Post Likes
    Sorry folks.. it is little lot more video.. in case if you have tiktok you could watch the below video. See whether I could trim it down.
    Please bear with me.. still finding it hard to attach.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8MdARBB

Also you could watch in youtube it has record of sound and video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mobgWH8RHbg

Pls see the video whether the sound tells you something.

Post Likes
    Thanks but that is a Series Number.

What I / we are primarily interested in at this point is the BTU capacity of the furnace. The full model number should reveal that to us.

The model humber (and the furnace's heating capacity) is also printed on the furnace's data label. With Bryant products this label is often located at the bottom (the floor / the bottom panel) of the burner compartment. Below the gas valve and small motor which starts before the burners fire.

PHM
    -------
    Ok. The full model number is 926TB 42060V17A - B
    96.3% efficient it says

This is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mobgWH8RHbg

Also the door is solid wood door.

Pls let me know if you need further information

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in