+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to measure kPa vs ERV that asks for Pa in balance chart?

Post Likes

how to measure kPa vs ERV that asks for Pa in balance chart?

Hello, I have an ERV the user manual states to balance fresh air at 50 CFM needs to be at 35 Pa. The manometers I see say kPa? It's a Panasonic Intellibalance 100 ERV page 14 of their manual has a balancing chart but it says measure across ports with a manometer top of the list says (Pa) and numbers say 50 CFM fresh air should read 35. So its confusing since almost all the Manometers I see say kPa... not Pa... so how do I measure and which manometer do I buy? Do I just need one that measure kPa but it has to have x.xxx ( 3 levels of measurement and it should read x.035 ?

Thanks,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cbednarczyk View Post
    Hello, I have an ERV the user manual states to balance fresh air at 50 CFM needs to be at 35 Pa. The manometers I see say kPa? It's a Panasonic Intellibalance 100 ERV page 14 of their manual has a balancing chart but it says measure across ports with a manometer top of the list says (Pa) and numbers say 50 CFM fresh air should read 35. So its confusing since almost all the Manometers I see say kPa... not Pa... so how do I measure and which manometer do I buy? Do I just need one that measure kPa but it has to have x.xxx ( 3 levels of measurement and it should read x.035 ?

Thanks,
    Yes one way would be to get a manometer that displays Pa in a suitable manner. 35 Pa is about 0.14" WC so you can either measure in Pa or if it is preferable measure in " WC. Since manometers measure pressure typically in this sort of range even though it says kPa it should be capable of displaying 35 Pa accurately.

I would check the manometer specs on the units and display ranges before buying to make sure it can do what you want.

Post Likes
    So you would need a manometer that would display kPA down to .035 Kpa to get 35 Pa? Is that correct?

Post Likes
    The actual unit of measurement is Pa - the "k" is just a 1000 multiplier. Manometers are designed to measure down to very low pressures - for example the micro manometer on my flowhood can measure in kPa as well as Pa.

Whatever manometer you plan to buy make sure it can either measure in Pa or has at least 3 digits after the decimal point on the kPa scale. As I said another option is to get a manometer that can measure " WC and convert from Pa to " WC.

Post Likes
    I believe you’re looking for a micro-manometer $$$
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cbednarczyk View Post

Thanks,

I think that you need a Magnehelic, I have attached examples found on google.

Mechanical:
    https://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/P...ges/Series2000

Digital:
    https://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/P.../SeriesDM-1000

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in