+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honeywell Comfort Point

Post Likes

Question Honeywell Comfort Point

Have a customer with existing Honeywell Comfort Point system. Currently connected JACE's are running AX3.8.401. As we are not a Honeywell shop, what are our options to upgrade them to N4? Can we purchase Honeywell WEBs J-8100 and migrate the databases over? Not sure if the Comfort Point line is a proprietary line that only Honeywell offices have access to.

Post Likes
    The way I understand it, it depends on what controllers are at the site. I recently had a site with 6 jaces and a couple hundred vav controllers. We are a Honeywell dealer and deal with Spyder controls, but the Comfort point version is called the Piranha control. So we can replace the Jace with a Webs Jace, I have the comfort point 4.3 modules, but I supposedly won't be able to actually download to the controllers since it's not a comfort point Jace. So it's still limited in what you can do even with a Honeywell Jace. I'm sure someone here has more experience and can offer more info, but I think you'll be limited in what you can do, especially if you don't have any N4 CP modules to drop on the Jace.

Good luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    The way I understand it, it depends on what controllers are at the site. I recently had a site with 6 jaces and a couple hundred vav controllers. We are a Honeywell dealer and deal with Spyder controls, but the Comfort point version is called the Piranha control. So we can replace the Jace with a Webs Jace, I have the comfort point 4.3 modules, but I supposedly won't be able to actually download to the controllers since it's not a comfort point Jace. So it's still limited in what you can do even with a Honeywell Jace. I'm sure someone here has more experience and can offer more info, but I think you'll be limited in what you can do, especially if you don't have any N4 CP modules to drop on the Jace.

Good luck.
    Pretty much what I thought. Without the Comfort Point branded JACE, the programming tools will not work. More than likely our only option is to nurse the system along and replace controls with ours as they fail.

Is Comfort Point still a supported product?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in