+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ramp Time Niagara Wiresheet

Post Likes

Ramp Time Niagara Wiresheet

I am being compelled to program a piece of equipment in Niagara Wiresheet logic with NRIO.
    I am in need of a way to take a varying analog output and apply a specific ramp time to it. So if I have a 100% command, and that instantly drops to 0 - I can run that instant drop through a block that will bring it down to 0 slowly over a specific time period (like 2 minutes - adjustable).
    Distech has this in their palette, but I am not seeing anything like that in Niagara. But maybe I am not looking that closely.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    I got it with a Numeric Delay - just had to play with the settings to get the period right.
    nevermind...

3. Likes bolt950rider liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    I got it with a Numeric Delay - just had to play with the settings to get the period right.
    nevermind...
    Ok, Not minding. That was going to be my suggestion anyway.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

5. Likes bolt950rider liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    Ok, Not minding. That was going to be my suggestion anyway.
    Thanks Cagey!!

7. Likes bolt950rider liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Thanks Cagey!!
    No problem (and no help either I might add). The Numeric Delay also works well in Duct Static Reset and DA Setpoint reset if you ever have to do that.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    No problem (and no help either I might add). The Numeric Delay also works well in Duct Static Reset and DA Setpoint reset if you ever have to do that.
    I recently used it on a chiller plant I programmed. The new chiller plant is in a craphole building where none of the air handler controls work, so multiple times a day they are changing the chilled water set point. It's warm, they set it to 43, 2 hours later it's cold, they set it to 57 degrees, all day and night since it's a hospital. It was causing some nuisance trips on the chillers. So I used a numeric delay on the chilled water set point. They can change it all they want, but now the set point only moves 1 degree every 10 minutes. Lol. No more service calls now.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    I recently used it on a chiller plant I programmed. The new chiller plant is in a craphole building where none of the air handler controls work, so multiple times a day they are changing the chilled water set point. It's warm, they set it to 43, 2 hours later it's cold, they set it to 57 degrees, all day and night since it's a hospital. It was causing some nuisance trips on the chillers. So I used a numeric delay on the chilled water set point. They can change it all they want, but now the set point only moves 1 degree every 10 minutes. Lol. No more service calls now.
    I love hearing stories like this. Makes me feel validated our team isn’t the only one being asked to deal with these types of issues.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in