+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida COVID making Hvac companies mask up plus vaccines mandates on the surging sho

Post Likes

Florida COVID making Hvac companies mask up plus vaccines mandates on the surging sho

Many of the residential Hvac companies in Florida are having a hard time finding techs to fill the shortage. COVID is not helping fill that gap. We see many retired before it’s time in order to stay safe. What’s your experience in your area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    People just using the scamdemic as an excuse not to work and to collect. Dont see a shortage of shoppers at Walmart

3. Likes Nwdave, Glennhvac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwdave View Post
    Many of the residential Hvac companies in Florida are having a hard time finding techs to fill the shortage. COVID is not helping fill that gap. We see many retired before it’s time in order to stay safe. What’s your experience in your area?

My guess is, as long as there's A/C in the White House, they don't care about our measly opinion's, or getting the publics A/C's repaired.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

5. Likes Nwdave liked this post.
    Post Likes

There's been a shortage of techs for many years!

7. Likes R600a, Nwdave liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    And it’s about to get a lot worse, I’m guessing us old dudes “speaking for myself” will become very popular for some of the companies that used to throw us out the door @50.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

9. Likes ksefan, Nwdave, R600a, samgevas liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Exactly!

11. Likes Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    My guess is, as long as there's A/C in the White House, they don't care about our measly opinion's, or getting the publics A/C's repaired.
    Mr. Bill behave……lol

Post Likes
    And it’s about to get a lot worse, I’m guessing us old dudes “speaking for myself” will become very popular for some of the companies that used to throw us out the door @50.

In my area you be making a ton of money just telling new guys what to do from behind a desk. Unfortunately for me my time in Florida is coming to an end , in October, I go back to Seattle where the cold and tall building work is plenty. I’ll be back here in March again.

Post Likes

It was like 5 years ago, but read for every 3 skilled tradesmen retiring only 1 was coming in. Heck I bet now it for every 5 only 1 is in…

15. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Just lost a 30 year old dear friend and colleague. Whether we believe is real or not, it him home and is sad.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Just lost a 30 year old dear friend and colleague. Whether we believe is real or not, it him home and is sad.
    I am sorry to hear that.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Thanks very kind of you. As I’m leaving Florida to Seattle office I’m wondering if Florida be a choice for me next year. Thanks 🙏

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Thanks very kind of you. As I’m leaving Florida to Seattle office I’m wondering if Florida be a choice for me next year. Thanks
    Well I've heard from many people that Florida is the most unfriendly state in the country so I would go to Texas or Oklahoma but then again I may be biased.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

20. Likes Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I love Dallas but that supermarket Hvac branch is doing well, no one have quit in a while. Seattle market is been very good for the higher ups. I love the weather plus fishing in the bay is always a bonus. Two years ago we did a Alaska fishing trip to Ketchikan, let me tell you there’s a bar at the port call the artic bar that did not close because the owner started to drink with us. Great memories.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    It was like 5 years ago, but read for every 3 skilled tradesmen retiring only 1 was coming in. Heck I bet now it for every 5 only 1 is in…

They're coming into the trades, they just don't stay in. Especially HVACR. People do not realize how much other people count on us.

23. Likes R600a, Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I started working for a mech contractor PT in hi school, 1965. There was a shortage then too & no change since then

25. Likes pecmsg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Young generations, they come to the trade but....
    when they realize how hard is working into the attic or in brutal heatwave, being on call, get up early to be at customer office at 7 am after 2 hours drive, then they leave.
    Unless they decided to stay just to get years of experience required to get the license and start they own a/c business
    But most of them will leave after a while, especially when they realize how bad is the weekly pay compared to the absurd ammount of work they are doing in the summer.
    in the winter even worse, they work 4-5 hours per day, if you are lucky, the pay is even lower.
    Other a/c companies are offering pay based on Performance or commission based technician, and now they are the first one complaining that can't find employees. Absurd !!!
    Good a/c companies around here are implementing with new training classes and some companies sponsor this classes offering free tools
    Which is great, but skills and tools don't pay bills at the end of the month right ?
    Supermarket big box stores and some chain restaurant are offering works that pay $15 hour here in florida, plus some basic benefit.
    and you work inside, no rain, no brutal heat, air conditioning environment, music, no responsibilities, so why start working in the Trade for same or less money ??
    In my area some A/C companies are offering $13-$14 an hour to beginners, not competitive with other jobs, especially right now that big companies can't find employees and they bumped up the hourly wage to make the job more appealing trying to hire more people this way.
    I believe between florida unemployment check and federal unemployment check the use to make up to $650 per week.
    Now it ended i guess.
    Some people out there were making barely $400-450 working long hours, so why bother going to work when i make more staying home ?
    DUH !!!
    Its all about money.
    Skills and Training without a fair wage are just words blow in the wind.
    Money pay bills at the end of the month, period.

27. Likes R600a, BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    Young generations, they come to the trade but....
    when they realize how hard is working into the attic or in brutal heatwave, being on call, get up early to be at customer office at 7 am after 2 hours drive, then they leave.
    Unless they decided to stay just to get years of experience required to get the license and start they own a/c business
    But most of them will leave after a while, especially when they realize how bad is the weekly pay compared to the absurd ammount of work they are doing in the summer.
    in the winter even worse, they work 4-5 hours per day, if you are lucky, the pay is even lower.
    Other a/c companies are offering pay based on Performance or commission based technician, and now they are the first one complaining that can't find employees. Absurd !!!
    Good a/c companies around here are implementing with new training classes and some companies sponsor this classes offering free tools
    Which is great, but skills and tools don't pay bills at the end of the month right ?
    Supermarket big box stores and some chain restaurant are offering works that pay $15 hour here in florida, plus some basic benefit.
    and you work inside, no rain, no brutal heat, air conditioning environment, music, no responsibilities, so why start working in the Trade for same or less money ??
    In my area some A/C companies are offering $13-$14 an hour to beginners, not competitive with other jobs, especially right now that big companies can't find employees and they bumped up the hourly wage to make the job more appealing trying to hire more people this way.
    I believe between florida unemployment check and federal unemployment check the use to make up to $650 per week.
    Now it ended i guess.
    Some people out there were making barely $400-450 working long hours, so why bother going to work when i make more staying home ?
    DUH !!!
    Its all about money.
    Skills and Training without a fair wage are just words blow in the wind.
    Money pay bills at the end of the month, period.
    FYI Florida opted out of the federal unemployment back in January.
    Who’s to blame?... if you’re looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn’t be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. V for Vendetta

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    FYI Florida opted out of the federal unemployment back in January.
    now it ended i guess
    see i was right LOL
    Thank you for the info

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    now it ended i guess
    see i was right LOL
    Thank you for the info
    They also voted last year to increase miniumum wage to 15 dollars by 2026. Its going up by a dollar a year.
    Who’s to blame?... if you’re looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn’t be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. V for Vendetta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in