+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attic nightmare

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwdave View Post
    Old unit that was just plug in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doubtful, that's a new (ish) receptacle. If you look at the front it's marked TR. This stands for Tamper Resistant which were first required by the 2008 NEC. And as there are states that have yet to adopt the 2008 NEC even now I doubt that that receptacle is more than 10 years old.

Post Likes
    This was in a maid separate building on a 1910 house that still had cotton cover wires. I seen that before in coral gables Miami in old mansions. Yes is a newer receptacle but tech cut not get over the fact of sparking away without knocking the breaker. Scary to say the least. Thanks for your contribution 🙏✅

Post Likes
    We recommended ,electrical company needed to fix the issue before new system when in. We video all our calls plus we write all discrepancies.

Post Likes
    I can say this, many techs I’ve worked with do not know how to do the electrical connections, even though they have a licensed electrician at the company, usually just one. There are only a select few that possess the knowledge. This looks like one of those “get it done” scenarios. They didn’t want to get sparky involved.

Post Likes
    Quite often it won't without a ground fault or overload.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in