Thread: Hot deck cold deck AHU control.

Post Likes

Hot deck cold deck AHU control.

A customer of the company I work for has a cold deck hot deck AHU with 3 zones. The AHU is roughly 50 years old with mostly original controls. I am looking for a simple way to control this unit with new controls. Currently their is one thermostat per zone that controls the damper actuator. The damper actuator has end switches that control the hot water valve, or the Y1 call. These have been interlocked with the fan and the fan is controlled currently by a programmable thermostat that way the customer (a church) can schedule when the unit runs. The systems controls are old and the customer would like something more user friendly. The problem I am struggling to solve is finding a thermostat to control a 0-10 VDC damper actuator with that one signal controlling heating and cooling. Any ideas?

Post Likes
    A new controller will not be cheep. The hot water and chilled water valves were probably 0 - 10 also. Better to find someone that knows that control set up.
    Download the Honeywell Gray Manual. It’s in there.

Post Likes
    We just retrofitted 2 four zone hot deck cold deck air handlers in an old commercial building. We put Carrier IVU controllers in. A zone stat in each zone that talked back to the controller. The one controller UCXP with IO expansion ran 5 programs, one for the airhandler and cooling valve set to discharge air control. And 4 programs that handled the zones, zone damper and electric reheat. It works well and the customers are happy with the end result, much better temperature and humidity control.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in