+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why most of the fridges are white?

Post Likes

Why most of the fridges are white?

The refrigerator (informally named fridge) comprises of a thermally protected compartment and a warmth siphon that moves energy (heat) from within the chiller to its outside condition so that within the refrigerator is cooled to a temperature beneath the room temperature.
    The lower temperature brings down the generation pace of microorganisms, so the refrigerator lessens the pace of waste. A refrigerator keeps up a temperature a couple of degrees over the point of solidification of water. Ideal temperature runs for transitory food stockpiling is 3 °C to 5 °C (37 ° to 41 °F). A comparable gadget that keeps up a temperature underneath the point of solidification of water (beneath 0 °C) is known as a cooler or freezer. The refrigerator supplanted the cooler, which had been a typical family apparatus for right around a century and a half.

Fridges have had a couple of changes since they were first designed. We have seen the ascent of stainless steel commercial fridges, yellow or red chillers, and some other shading you could envision or wish. But, the most well-known shading for commercial refrigerators is as yet white.
    The main fridge units were wooden cabinets with ice that gradually softened. The principal genuine fridges, or if nothing else the fridges we could perceive, were created during the 1920s. They created cold by packing gases like our own do today. The thing that matters is that during the 1920s, those unique fridges were harmful.
    Around the 1950s, fridges began to grab hold in family units in America. In the UK, the prevalence of chillers was searched the 1970s with most of the inhabitants possessing one of these apparatuses.

Why White?

On the off chance that you went back to the 1950s, you would no doubt observe white fridges in each house. White was the transcendent shading for these machines, yet from the mid-1950s to the 1960s planners and makers began presenting pastel hues like turquoise and pink.
    White is an incredible shading to mirror the sun's beams, as it doesn't retain infra-red beams as without any problem. It is additionally an incredible shading for cleaning; any soil is effortlessly observed and cleared off.
    Present-day storage fridge cabinets have created propelled cooling innovation, and a fridge being white has no impact on the temperature of the food inside. It's notable that hues influence mindsets in an unexpected way, so a contrastingly hued fridge will make the earth you wish to make.
    White fridges are, notwithstanding, a customary look that looks great with any style you have. You will never need to stress over it conflicting with your tiles or your counters, as it is the best nonpartisan shading. You can even enrich it all the more effectively with pictures from your family and with magnets, as they will be seen more obviously than with another shading.

2. Likes r2oappliance liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm not seeing many white coolers or freezers in the commercial market I live in.
    The dominating material is stainless steel and aluminum.

4. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I prefer white refrigerators but I really like some of the bright colored ones too.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    ‘Cauz they’ raciss. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes rexp, EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Cars are (or were I dono) white mostly also. F150's are almost always white. Vans too.
    A hard color to see on a highway is grey.

My fridge is black, my freezer is white. Mixed marriage? Or a skunk mentality.

Women aren't supposed to were white after Labor Day. I wonder what they did before there was a Labor Day?
    Did I hear naked?
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    At one time they were folliwing the auto industry colors. then the earth tones with the shading on the edges.

harvest gold, avocado green, what was the red called? matched those indestructable sofas with the mill of barn on them.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    brb sharing this fact with everyone i've ever met - really cool find!

Post Likes
    To my understanding most of the white fridges are in the residential market. Most commercial freezers I've seen are all steel.

Post Likes
    Very interesting! I never knew.

Post Likes
    What part didn't you know ?

15. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You know why women wear white when they get married? The groom wants the dishwasher to match the other appliances. Sorry couldn’t resist
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    You know why women wear white when they get married? The groom wants the dishwasher to match the other appliances. Sorry couldn’t resist
    Haha. That one never gets old!

Post Likes
    To quote another poster..

Good information, Thanks
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

19. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I suggest using ChatGBT next time.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by doruh View Post
    The refrigerator (informally named fridge) comprises of a thermally protected compartment and a warmth siphon that moves energy (heat) from within the chiller to its outside condition so that within the refrigerator is cooled to a temperature beneath the room temperature.
    The lower temperature brings down the generation pace of microorganisms, so the refrigerator lessens the pace of waste. A refrigerator keeps up a temperature a couple of degrees over the point of solidification of water. Ideal temperature runs for transitory food stockpiling is 3 °C to 5 °C (37 ° to 41 °F). A comparable gadget that keeps up a temperature underneath the point of solidification of water (beneath 0 °C) is known as a cooler or freezer. The refrigerator supplanted the cooler, which had been a typical family apparatus for right around a century and a half.

Fridges have had a couple of changes since they were first designed. We have seen the ascent of stainless steel commercial fridges, yellow or red chillers, and some other shading you could envision or wish. But, the most well-known shading for commercial refrigerators is as yet white.
    The main fridge units were wooden cabinets with ice that gradually softened. The principal genuine fridges, or if nothing else the fridges we could perceive, were created during the 1920s. They created cold by packing gases like our own do today. The thing that matters is that during the 1920s, those unique fridges were harmful.
    Around the 1950s, fridges began to grab hold in family units in America. In the UK, the prevalence of chillers was searched the 1970s with most of the inhabitants possessing one of these apparatuses.

Why White?

On the off chance that you went back to the 1950s, you would no doubt observe white fridges in each house. White was the transcendent shading for these machines, yet from the mid-1950s to the 1960s planners and makers began presenting pastel hues like turquoise and pink.
    White is an incredible shading to mirror the sun's beams, as it doesn't retain infra-red beams as without any problem. It is additionally an incredible shading for cleaning; any soil is effortlessly observed and cleared off.
    Present-day storage fridge cabinets have created propelled cooling innovation, and a fridge being white has no impact on the temperature of the food inside. It's notable that hues influence mindsets in an unexpected way, so a contrastingly hued fridge will make the earth you wish to make.
    White fridges are, notwithstanding, a customary look that looks great with any style you have. You will never need to stress over it conflicting with your tiles or your counters, as it is the best nonpartisan shading. You can even enrich it all the more effectively with pictures from your family and with magnets, as they will be seen more obviously than with another shading.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes
    It was because of coal. No one wore white, especially in the city, because it would always be filthy with coal soot.

But in the summer you left the city for your summer house - where there was no or few heating requirements - and wide open spaces - so you could wear lighter clothing and dress in white.

America marks the Season Change as Memorial Day and Labor Day - before that in Europe the season-change was more often Easter and All Saints Day.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    . . . aren't supposed to were white after Labor Day. I wonder what they did before there was a Labor Day? . . .
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Wow; I didn't know that. So now what? Stainless steel wedding dresses?

PHM
    --------

23. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Wow; I didn't know that. So now what? Stainless steel wedding dresses?
    Silver Lame would probably be close enough to stainless and more comfortable for the wearer.

Post Likes
    Why are toilets almost always white? I would really like to find a brown or a yellow one, but they are really hard to find.

I once stayed at a place that had a stainless toilet, but I'd rather not talk about that.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

26. Likes crazzycajun liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Why are toilets almost always white? I would really like to find a brown or a yellow one, but they are really hard to find.

I once stayed at a place that had a stainless toilet, but I'd rather not talk about that.
    I've seen a pink toilet and a green toilet. I saw both as they were being replaced with white ones.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Seems like I have seen an almond color toilet on display somewhere. That would be about half way between yellow and brown.

29. Likes R600a liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in