+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is 2021. the good all boy way is done. It’s time to educate your self in order to sur

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla.HP View Post
    Dude, I live for the challenge. I don't care who you are, the challenge of fixing something nobody else can brings me a lot of satisfaction.
    Not to mention you usually end up with a good customer out of it to.

The last one I did a supply house I seldom use gave this lady my name. She lives over an hour away. I had her pretty well convinced that it would be too expensive for her to have me come look at it with the drive time she would be paying for. Then she said the magic words and I headed over there 2 days later. I got the mini split for her addition taken care of, went back another time just to check things over then in 19 They had me put in a Trane XL20i system and fix some duct issues. Last year I went over to change the filter and checked the system over. She was just gushing over how much better the house felt with the system I installed.

2. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Not to mention you usually end up with a good customer out of it to.

The last one I did a supply house I seldom use gave this lady my name. She lives over an hour away. I had her pretty well convinced that it would be too expensive for her to have me come look at it with the drive time she would be paying for. Then she said the magic words and I headed over there 2 days later. I got the mini split for her addition taken care of, went back another time just to check things over then in 19 They had me put in a Trane XL20i system and fix some duct issues. Last year I went over to change the filter and checked the system over. She was just gushing over how much better the house felt with the system I installed.
    I have one of those. I don't want to go that far but after hearing what the last couple hacks had done (while drunk) I felt bad and went out and now she is willing to wait months for me to fix her washer. I am thinking about trying to bundle a whole home PM with my visit for the washer because it is quite a drive.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    [QUOTEvif =jacob-k;26104300]LOL......In a decade you'll be considered an HVAC Guru if you just show up to a job site....Where the f*ck you finding all these employees willing to educate themselves? or even show up to work?[/QUOTE]

Big company with long term employees. I’m just a soldier in the mix.

Post Likes
    This is referring to some techs refuse to go to latest training in my company. Not pointing fingers here but be interesting what the forum have experienced this days. Other that that , thanks for your 2 cents.

Post Likes
    Dave, rest assured these good ol boys do not know it all, but they know a lot...1000s of years of experience on tap in one place. Sometimes I don't feel worthy. I see it as a privilege to start threads and post here.
    .Please consider donating $11 to Tunnels to Towers, a great way to help Veterans, who fought communist ideology all over the world.
    Hail the Republic!

7. Likes R600a, Mr Bill, BNME8EZ liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Nwdave.

Can you contact me at your earliest convenience?

My email to you went unanswered.

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nwdave View Post
    To educate your self or change to a less technical industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Will do sir. I’m on my way to Seattle now but I’ll email in the morning. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in