+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Fieldpiece Joblink3 Psychrometer Probes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    I can't wait to see if the updates make anything work even more amazing than before.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I cant say for sure but I started with JB zeplins. Then we noticed digital gauges and I got a set of FP 3 ports back in '07 I believe. Then went to the sman4 then the 360 now JL. I started in '04 while I was waiting to go to an auto school in New England somewhere I cant recall. Boss offered me a spot and I said why not. Its been a fun ride thus far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Dang it sounds like l really need to check the rest of my fp stuff for updates

That’s so awesome being able to do it over the phone. Remember the old days of trying to update stuff on a computer. It was horrible!
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

4. Likes R600a, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Hurst11 is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    So just get em all connected, go to tool manager and do as prompted? Will have to do mine after I get back to my work truck in a bit

6. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Any need to be connected to WiFi or anything like that?

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst11 View Post
    Any need to be connected to WiFi or anything like that?
    You will need internet of some sort to your device.

I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    You will need internet of some sort to your device.

👍🏻

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst11 View Post
    So just get em all connected, go to tool manager and do as prompted? Will have to do mine after I get back to my work truck in a bit
    It takes about 5 minutes per probe, so make some time!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

11. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    To all doing this, be aware of the little o-ring around the screw opening IN THE PROBE!!!!

It is not secured in any way and can easily fall out. I found out the hard way and just found one when I thought I was careful and had them all installed.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

13. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    To all doing this, be aware of the little o-ring around the screw opening IN THE PROBE!!!!

It is not secured in any way and can easily fall out. I found out the hard way and just found one when I thought I was careful and had them all installed.
    Yep that little plastic part inside the oring on mine was disintegrated. Doesn’t seem important though.

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TruTech-Bill View Post
    I sent a note to FP engineering to see if my theory holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is the reply:

Although calculations had to be considered, it had more to do with a deeper understanding of our two temperature sensors capabilities. Our primary sensor has a narrower operating range to maintain accuracy and capability. However, our humidity/temp sensor has a wider operating range so we adjusted our firmware to use this other sensor at the extremes.

Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

16. Likes vin lashon, JayMan7, kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Here is the reply:

Although calculations had to be considered, it had more to do with a deeper understanding of our two temperature sensors capabilities. Our primary sensor has a narrower operating range to maintain accuracy and capability. However, our humidity/temp sensor has a wider operating range so we adjusted our firmware to use this other sensor at the extremes.

Wow that’s pretty cool!

18. Likes TruTech-Bill, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Yep that little plastic part inside the oring on mine was disintegrated. Doesn’t seem important though.
    If you are talking about the clear/white plastic ring, I believe that was the screw retention washer.

20. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Here is the reply:

Bill. Might you be able to comment on a thread I believe labeled possible scam.

22. Likes R600a, TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/22...Tru-Tech-Tools

I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

24. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post

Thanks, I attended to that last weekend.

Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

26. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I can't wait to see if the updates make anything work even more amazing than before.

I believe one of the updates was able to extend the wireless range quite a bit on paper that is.

28. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I believe one of the updates was able to extend the wireless range quite a bit on paper that is.
    They are working flawlessly as always. I kind of think the range may be a little better but it's really hard to tell.

Post Likes
    I love them. been using them mainly for refrigeration work for 2 years now. the range is great, and they also somehow manage to work through metal cooler boxes! i can charge a condenser unit 2 stories above the box, and still see my supply temp in real time on my app/480v Manifold (i promise i dont work for FP, i just really like their stuff)

the only complaint i have, is that if i'm in a box and open the fieldpiece app, it tries to connect to the internet, and it will not load until it does. which means i have to exit the box and come back because i get no service in the box.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguetradesman View Post
    I love them. been using them mainly for refrigeration work for 2 years now. the range is great, and they also somehow manage to work through metal cooler boxes! i can charge a condenser unit 2 stories above the box, and still see my supply temp in real time on my app/480v Manifold (i promise i dont work for FP, i just really like their stuff)

the only complaint i have, is that if i'm in a box and open the fieldpiece app, it tries to connect to the internet, and it will not load until it does. which means i have to exit the box and come back because i get no service in the box.
    I know that's by far the dumbest design in the app...so irritating. I also can't help but think it's part of some kind of data mining. I mean why do I need the internet to use a probe. In the past I've been able to trick it into starting by putting my phone in airplane mode with bluetooth still on, and then starting the app. Also if I'm not mistaken measure quick doesn't have that bug. Also the fp app seems to sometimes make and break connectivity to the probes over and over, measure quick is much more stable.

Sent from my hatch using Tapatalk

32. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I use the app all the time, and, don't hold me to this, but I'm pretty sure FP updated the app a while back so no internet connection is needed to use it.
    I just turned off wifi and cellular data on my phone and it worked. Im guessing you need to update the app and it will work without anything but bluetooth on.
    I do know that earlier versions of the app had some pretty big problems, so much so, that I used MQ exclusively for a while, til it was sorted out, but for the last cooling season it has worked fantastic. It was so bad in the beginning with connection issues and such that I bought a SV380 manifold because the probes have never had any problems connecting with the manifold, so that's how I used it for a while too.But as I said, as of now it seems to work for me just as it should and I've used it on Samsung tablets, Samsung S10 and later phones, and currently on an iphone 12.

34. Likes R600a, JayMan7, TruTech-Bill liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in