Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: icemeister passed away.

Post Likes
    I’ve pretty much finished with rebuilding Icemester’s back door on my website. Comments, accolades, or criticisms welcome.

I’ve taken the time to add short company histories to the web pages where appropriate. I find I have trouble remembering who owns what with all of the brands and acquisitions that have occurred in our industry. If you find an error in any of my diatribes, let me know.

Also, if anyone has interesting publications or videos they would like added to my site, you may email them to andy@hvacradvisors.com.
    If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

2. Likes VTP99, BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    I’ve pretty much finished with rebuilding Icemester’s back door on my website. Comments, accolades, or criticisms welcome.

I’ve taken the time to add short company histories to the web pages where appropriate. I find I have trouble remembering who owns what with all of the brands and acquisitions that have occurred in our industry. If you find an error in any of my diatribes, let me know.

Also, if anyone has interesting publications or videos they would like added to my site, you may email them to andy@hvacradvisors.com.
    Thanks Andy.

I will start with the accolades - The site looks great! I was just on it today making sure I had couple of the large files I'm still trying to upload here on the forum.

Your "IT" talent is as impressive as your HVACR expertise.

Your "True" replication of Icemeisters website is a great honor to a great man. Thanks for spending the numerous hours making it happen.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

4. Likes R600a, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I noticed the back room only shows in the menu if you are viewing home or quotes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I noticed the back room only shows in the menu if you are viewing home or quotes
    Can you clarify what you are saying?

Post Likes
    That is how his entire website is formatted.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    Can you clarify what you are saying?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Are you using your phone? Works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Are you using your phone? Works for me.
    Phone
    Opening the menu from the home screen work for me too. Try opening the apps then hit the menu.

Post Likes
    Phone
    Opening the menu from the home screen work for me too. Try opening the apps then hit the menu.
    I think I see what you are saying. The only way the "Icemeisters Back Room" shows up once you are in the other menu options, is when you hit the "HOME" screen, and then re-select the main menu.

Just going back to "Menu" does not bring it up.

Andy should see this, and may be able to answer the "Why".

13. Likes R600a, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The "Menu" item is not a button. It is simply a heading for the sidebar.

I did it this way to make the website mobile friendly. On most phones, you will not see the sidebar due to lack of screen resolution, but you will see a "hamburger" symbol (3 horizontal bars) near the top of the screen. Touch the hamburger symbol, the side bar appears.
    If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

15. Likes R600a, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I think I see what you are saying. The only way the "Icemeisters Back Room" shows up once you are in the other menu options, is when you hit the "HOME" screen, and then re-select the main menu.

Just going back to "Menu" does not bring it up.

Andy should see this, and may be able to answer the "Why".
    It also shows from the quotes screen

Post Likes
    Thanks Andy.

I will start with the accolades - The site looks great! I was just on it today making sure I had couple of the large files I'm still trying to upload here on the forum.

Your "IT" talent is as impressive as your HVACR expertise.

Your "True" replication of Icemeisters website is a great honor to a great man. Thanks for spending the numerous hours making it happen.
    Thanks rundawg, and for your help checking out my page links.

Other than the 3 Icemeister calculators I've updated, everything else is in html and JavaScript. It should run on anybody's website.

After all the kinks and updates are worked out, I wouldn't mind parking my effort on someone else's site. A mirror site if you will, not that I plan of kicking the bucket anytime soon . Keeping information for posterity's sake is a very good thing

Parking my effort in a subdomain on HVAC-Talk's server should be a non-issue. If their IT folks need help in this matter, have them give me a call.

18. Likes R600a, VTP99, rundawg liked this post.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678