Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: icemeister passed away.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    Once you reply to a thread, find and select the “Go Advanced” tab just a short distance below where you would type in the information on your new thread.

Then scroll down and select the “Manage Attachments” tab in the “Attachment” section.

Once on that screen, click on “Add Files” tab, then select the “choose file” tab. That will allow you to browse your computer for the file. Once you find and select the file you want to upload, select the “upload” tab (twice - two different screens) and that will place the file or picture as an attachment on your thread.

Note: File size is limited to 10MB. Anything over that will not upload.

Let me know if that makes sense.
    If you use winrar or winzip. You guys could probably compress more files into one zipped file or few zip files. That may help a little more wit the 10 MB limit.

2. Likes R600a, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    So exactly what files are we uploading and how is it being organized to prevent duplication?

I am more than happy to send my next few boring nights on graveyards and the weekends ahead to assist.

I for one hope it is duplicated over and over. We need to train new people in this industry and make it easier to train experienced ones too.

-D

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    If you use winrar or winzip. You guys could probably compress more files into one zipped file or few zip files. That may help a little more wit the 10 MB limit.
    Thanks for your input. I haven't used those, and don't know how they will work uploading to this site and then unzipping them.

I will look into it though and try a few files.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    This is exciting! Thanks for all who is stepping up to make this happen.
    Any chance we can get the 10mb max pdf file size increased to at least 15mb?

Post Likes

7. Likes VTP99, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So exactly what files are we uploading and how is it being organized to prevent duplication?

I am more than happy to send my next few boring nights on graveyards and the weekends ahead to assist.
    At this point, I am trying to move all 800+ files I have copied into my library from Icemeisters web page and move them to this forum.

I have also put them on Dropbox, and Andy Schoen is moving them to the "Icemeister's Back Room" page on his website (hvacradvisors.com).

Andy is doing an amazing job cleaning up the names on the files and adding publication numbers and publication dates. He is also deleting a few duplicate files.

A slow tedious process.

I'm still trying to get the file size limit raised to help with moving files onto this forum.

I will reach back out to you soon.

9. Likes slctech, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    You should have 20MB now on PDF and ZIP
    Excellent!!!

Go back to retirement.

11. Likes slctech, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    At this point, I am trying to move all 800+ files I have copied into my library from Icemeisters web page and move them to this forum.

I have also put them on Dropbox, and Andy Schoen is moving them to the "Icemeister's Back Room" page on his website (hvacradvisors.com).

Andy is doing an amazing job cleaning up the names on the files and adding publication numbers and publication dates. He is also deleting a few duplicate files.

A slow tedious process.

I'm still trying to get the file size limit raised to help with moving files onto this forum.

I will reach back out to you soon.
    Just shoot me an email and instructions and I am at your service, buddy!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    You should have 20MB now on PDF and ZIP

-D
    NICE!!

Post Likes
    Just a thought.

Would it be faster/safer to copy all the files to a thumb drive or passport and send them via Fed Ex/UPS/Pony Express/etc.

Just thinking from a time standpoint copy all at once, download all at once. No size limits.

15. Likes mofotech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Just shoot me an email and instructions and I am at your service, buddy!
    Thanks George, I will be in touch.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Just a thought.

Would it be faster/safer to copy all the files to a thumb drive or passport and send them via Fed Ex/UPS/Pony Express/etc.

Just thinking from a time standpoint copy all at once, download all at once. No size limits.
    You are making too much sense!

I have never thought of this and will have to consult the forum admin folks to see if it is even feasible.

As always, thanks for your input. Some times I can't see the forest for the trees. Others probably call it Dementia for an old guy like me.

Post Likes
    I posted a few PDFs thanks to your instructions, rundawg.
    I'll hold off to see how that thumb drive thing works out and to wait for you to maybe assign me a section now since I don't want to get in your way on it.
    This is an opportunity for me to contribute to this forum.

19. Likes VTP99, rundawg, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thumb drive idea will be the best thing to do. 64GB thumb drive is less then $15. First class mail is $2-3 wit yellow bubble envelope.
    wHen I diE I hOpe gOd haS mErcy oN my SiNful LifE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    Thumb drive idea will be the best thing to do. 64GB thumb drive is less then $15. First class mail is $2-3 wit yellow bubble envelope.
    That was a good idea that was brought up, but I realized it just passes the work onto someone else to upload the files, and I didn't want to do that.

I just finished putting together the forum yesterday. You can find it here - https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forums/205...r-(Icemeister)

22. Likes R600a, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    That was a good idea that was brought up, but I realized it just passes the work onto someone else to upload the files, and I didn't want to do that.

I just finished putting together the forum yesterday. You can find it here - https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forums/205...r-(Icemeister)
    Note to all -

All of Icemeister's efforts won't download into pdf files. Particularly his JavaScript calculators and ramblings. rundawg and I are in the process of resolving on my website.
    If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

24. Likes VTP99, R600a, BALloyd, rundawg, Dad, pecmsg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I've finished with Icemeister's ramblings. Thanks to rundawg for inspecting all of these pages. They are now all written in mobile friendly format.
    I need to look at his JavaScripts once again. I initially thought they weren't worth saving, but I think I'll do updated JavaScripts for them in his memory.
    If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

26. Likes R600a, rundawg, Dad, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    I've finished with Icemeister's ramblings. Thanks to rundawg for inspecting all of these pages. They are now all written in mobile friendly format.
    I need to look at his JavaScripts once again. I initially thought they weren't worth saving, but I think I'll do updated JavaScripts for them in his memory.
    Thanks to you for duplicating his website.

My contribution was a small part of your tireless effort to bring it all back to life in a much more user friendly format.

Your computer skills are impressive. Techs for generations to come will appreciate your efforts.

28. Likes Dad, R600a, VTP99, Andy Schoen liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you for your work. It is beautiful. It everything works perfectly on my phone and it is glitch free. I am going through some of the articles that I didn't know were there.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.

30. Likes VTP99, Andy Schoen liked this post.
    Post Likes

Icemeister's JavaScripts are a bit of a mess. They're extremely bulky, no doubt due to his use of WordPress. His files literally have hundreds of links back to his website, and perhaps 99 percent of them are not needed to run his calculators.

It will be much easier for me to simply write equivalent calculators in either plain JavaScript or ASPX.

32. Likes R600a, Dad, rundawg liked this post.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567