Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: icemeister passed away.

Post Likes
    I understand what Icemeister was trying to do with his interpolating and system balance apps.

I'd like to move forward with his effort with a condensing unit and unit cooler selection app since I have the code in place to do the necessary calculations. I'll contact a couple of wholesalers in my area on the equipment they stock after the Holidays. It would largely be an effort to get performance data into a database. Any suggestions welcome.
    If we have data, letís look at data. If all we have are opinions, letís go with mine. Ė Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

2. Likes R600a, VTP99, Fla.HP liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Iíve been away from this site for longer than Iíd realized, am just learning of this tragedy. I never met him or communicated with him on a personal level, not that I can remember, but his engagement here in this community taught me much. I know Iím not alone when I say this is a loss that will ripple throughout the trade, a loss that will be felt by technicians who never heard of Icemeister.
    Rest In Peace sir, and thank you.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

4. Likes Turtleman liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes
    Would Copeland's 'dynamic performance' capacity calculation program be of any use to your efforts? I use it very often - especially for anything 'out of the envelope'.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    I understand what Icemeister was trying to do with his interpolating and system balance apps.

I'd like to move forward with his effort with a condensing unit and unit cooler selection app since I have the code in place to do the necessary calculations. I'll contact a couple of wholesalers in my area on the equipment they stock after the Holidays. It would largely be an effort to get performance data into a database. Any suggestions welcome.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Would Copeland's 'dynamic performance' capacity calculation program be of any use to your efforts? I use it very often - especially for anything 'out of the envelope'.

PHM
    -------
    Thanks! I may look at it. I think all one needs to do is register at the Copeland website.
    If we have data, letís look at data. If all we have are opinions, letís go with mine. Ė Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

Post Likes
    Since Iím retired, I began thinking about maintaining legacy, in particular with Icemeisterís efforts.

Iíve incorporated his site onto mine with rundawg's efforts, along with my many other web apps Iíve created for the havc/r industry.

Who is among you who can carry on this tradition? Not that I have any plans to leave this earth anything soon.

I'm ok mirroring my site with somebody else.

8. Likes VTP99, R600a, rundawg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    Since I’m retired, I began thinking about maintaining legacy, in particular with Icemeister’s efforts.

I’ve incorporated his site onto mine with rundawg's efforts, along with my many other web apps I’ve created for the havc/r industry.

Who is among you who can carry on this tradition? Not that I have any plans to leave this earth anything soon.

I'm ok mirroring my site with somebody else.
    Retired as well. I did not know him.but I will help any way I can.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789