+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Captive-Aire Systems Is Hiring (US Location Below Job Description)

Post Likes

Captive-Aire Systems Is Hiring (US Location Below Job Description)

Company Description
    CaptiveAire is the nation's leading manufacturer of commercial kitchen ventilation systems, and now provides a complete solution of fans, heaters, ductwork, and HVAC equipment. For over 40 years, we've led the industry with innovative technologies, unmatched service, competitive pricing, and rapid lead times.
    CaptiveAire maintains a network of over 90 sales offices in the U.S. and Canada and six strategically located manufacturing plants in North Carolina, Iowa, Oklahoma, California, Pennsylvania and Florida.

Job Duties:
    • Commissioning of new ventilation and HVAC equipment
    • Repair, replace and trouble-shoot existing HVAC equipment
    • Develop and maintain service schedule
    • Prepare and submit job reports and invoices daily
    • Sell and develop Preventive Maintenance programs to potential and existing customer

Job Requirements:
    • HVAC, HVAC/R skill set desired, but not required
    • Knowledge of electrical systems desired, but not required
    • Ability to lift 50 pounds independently and use power and hand tools
    • Work in outside conditions and in tight spaces (inside RTU)
    • Use of ladders for roof access
    • Air travel required including some overnights for service and training

Benefits:
    • Medical, dental and vision insurance
    • Disability & life insurance based upon election of medical insurance
    • Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days based upon tenure
    • 401k with employer match
    • Flexible spending account (FSA)

Salary: Base salary (above average), plus monthly bonus based upon productivity and profits.
    Captive-Aire Systems, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.

Openings in:

Calgary, AB Canada

Pensacola, FL
    Chicago, IL
    Minneapolis, MN
    Kansas City, MO
    Omaha, NE
    Boston, MA
    Silver Spring, MD
    Parsippany, NJ
    Richmond, VA
    Sacramento, CA
    San Jose, CA
    Las Vegas, NV
    Phoenix, AZ
    Seattle, WA
    Fayetteville, AR
    Little Rock, AR
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Tulsa, OK
    Albuquerque, NM
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Detroit, MI
    Rochester, NY
    Memphis, TN
    Nashville, TN

Go to the CaptiveAire website and select the Careers tab.
    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort. The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- John Ruskin

2. Likes GREGHVACGUY liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Always hiring and always firing....seems to be
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Isn't everyone hiring right now?

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Isn't everyone hiring right now?

Thats seem to be the case but for some reason nobody last long with that particular company, they been running help wanted adds here for a very long time.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Thats seem to be the case but for some reason nobody last long with that particular company, they been running help wanted adds here for a very long time.
    I know we have at least two members here that have been with them long-term and love it.
    I seriously thought about it and it sounded like a pretty cool job but it seemed to me that they were looking for a person wanting a career and I don't think I would have lasted 3 years just because I wouldn't want to be stuck working on one brand of equipment for the rest of my life.
    It would have been a heck of an upgrade in pay for me though.

I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    I know we have at least two members here that have been with them long-term and love it.
    You are fairly new to this site and the HVAC game, the question is what came first the chicken or the egg?

8. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Respectfully, I’m not sure if you know what you’re talking about. Who do you know that was fired? I’ve been with CAS almost since the beginning of our service division and I do not concur. We are always hiring because we are growing and always producing new products. You see some of the same location always listed because these major metropolitan cities require a half dozen techs to cover the amount of commissioning we have.

10. Likes R600a, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturated Suter View Post
    Respectfully, I’m not sure if you know what you’re talking about. Who do you know that was fired? I’ve been with CAS almost since the beginning of our service division and I do not concur. We are always hiring because we are growing and always producing new products. You see some of the same location always listed because these major metropolitan cities require a half dozen techs to cover the amount of commissioning we have.
    It was just an observation, don't take it the wrong way.

Post Likes
    I have been with Captiveaire for 6 years. Like r600 said. when I first consider working for them I was not sure I waited to work on the same equipment. I can tell you that we keep producing new equipment to keep everyday different. Like Sutter said we keep growing and need more guys in area. When I first started I covered north IL and south WI. I asked to be transferred so I took an opening In Tampa. Made relocating so much easier since I had a company. When I was thinking of joining Captiveaire One of the things I tought of is how much of the HVAC equipment is so high tech that you will need to work for the manufacture to program the boards or work on them. Think of how many time you need Trane, Carrier or Lenox guy out to look at the unit. Now you can be the Manufacture rep that will save the day. Be the master of one brand. In the 26 years in the HVAC field this is the best company I have worked for. The sky is the limit with this company. Sutter or my self would take your phone call and fill you in how the company is. Greg.

13. Likes R600a, GoCougs, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    3 mos into an apprenticeship, looking to get back to okc from mo in a few years, they always hiring?

Post Likes
    We will still be looking for good technicians in OK, it’s a big enough market. Where do you live in MO?
    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort. The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- John Ruskin

Post Likes
    Sounds like a good gig but the website says must have commercial experience. So would I be wasting my time applying if I only have residential experience? I'm looking to get out of MI and hopefully relocate in Florida

Post Likes
    you can alway send Saturated Suter or me a DM and we can help you out. Not a wast always good to see what come up. It will help you to talk to one of us. We can forward your resume in. Also we have a few opening in FL right now.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphee View Post
    Sounds like a good gig but the website says must have commercial experience. So would I be wasting my time applying if I only have residential experience? I'm looking to get out of MI and hopefully relocate in Florida
    Hi Ralphee,

I don’t think it would be a waste of time to apply. I believe it states commercial HVAC experience is “preferred” but CAS is willing to accept any one who has a good attitude and a willingness to learn/grow in their career. What type of experience do you have? I’d be willing to talk with you to see if you have the basic understanding that our HR would be looking for. It’s a great career and CAS understand that we are always learning as field technicians. If you don’t know commercial HVAC, it can be an advantage, as you would be learning something new. When you learn something new, you have the opportunity to learn it correctly. I would rather work and train someone who knows nothing and is willing to learn; that work with someone who is stuck in their way of doing things incorrectly or inefficiently. Think it over and let me know if you want to talk about it.

19. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for the quick replies greg and suter. I'd definitely like to talk to you both to see what the company is about and what the job entails. I'm pretty new to the field. Graduated from a trade school Nov 2019 and started doing residential service for a small company. I mainly did work on single/two stage furnaces, boilers, water heaters, single stage ac's and some heat pumps. 6 months ago I started at a new company doing installs of all the things I mentioned above besides boilers.

Post Likes
    If you click on my name, go to “view profile” and select the “about me” tab, you will find my email address. Shoot me an email with the either CaptiveAire or HVAC-TALK in the subject line and I will respond with my phone number. I can also put you into contact with Greg. If you have an issues finding my email address, let me know.

Post Likes
    If you guys ever have something in GA, let me know!
    wHen I diE I hOpe gOd haS mErcy oN my SiNful LifE

23. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    If you guys ever have something in GA, let me know!
    I will keep you in mind. I’ll also make a call next week and see if anything is in the pipeline for GA.

25. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturated Suter View Post
    I will keep you in mind. I’ll also make a call next week and see if anything is in the pipeline for GA.
    Awesome!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    Awesome!
    I just sent you a P.M.

28. Likes mofotech liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in