+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to access priority array from Niagara superior?

Post Likes

How to access priority array from Niagara superior?

As the title says, is there any way to access bacnet priority arrays on points brought in from JACES to the supervisor?

Thanks in advance 😊

Post Likes
    Dang, my phone autocorrected "Supervisor" to "Superior"

Post Likes
    Not sure what you are asking.

Do you want to see at what priority level a BACnet point is being written at? Or are you asking how to write at different BACnet priority levels at the supervisor level?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Not sure what you are asking.

Do you want to see at what priority level a BACnet point is being written at? Or are you asking how to write at different BACnet priority levels at the supervisor level?
    I would like to write at different BACnet priority levels at the supervisor level

Post Likes
    When you learn in Bacnet points as writable, there will be slots for priority 16 and 10 (I think) left open. You can right click the point and pin slots to expose more slots for writing. Drop a link from whatever to those slots and that is the priority you are writing to. Pick one. It is easy.
    If you need to reach down into the controller and see which priority levels are being written to down there, you need to expand the virtuals under the controller. Little ghost icon. It will show the priority array with data that is being written to at each point.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    So weird.
    I've asked this exact question (not necessarily for Niagara, but for other integration projects) and everyone scratches their head - "huh?"

I was on the phone with Above Air tech support trying to figure out how to make the units work. They do a bunch of funky stuff with Read-only and R/W points.
    I noticed on Yabe nothing showed up for Priority Array.
    He had no idea what I was talking about.

I thought one of the basic, fundamental rules/principles for BACnet was the priority array. It goes from BN16 to BN01.
    BN15 overrides BN16, BN14 overrides BN15 and so on

Your question is pretty simple to me
    "How to view and/or command the priority array of the BACnet points?"

A table or little drop down menu. Want to command at BN08? Click the box for BN08.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    When you learn in Bacnet points as writable, there will be slots for priority 16 and 10 (I think) left open. You can right click the point and pin slots to expose more slots for writing. Drop a link from whatever to those slots and that is the priority you are writing to. Pick one. It is easy.
    If you need to reach down into the controller and see which priority levels are being written to down there, you need to expand the virtuals under the controller. Little ghost icon. It will show the priority array with data that is being written to at each point.
    Quote Originally Posted by stomachbuzz View Post
    So weird.
    I've asked this exact question (not necessarily for Niagara, but for other integration projects) and everyone scratches their head - "huh?"

I was on the phone with Above Air tech support trying to figure out how to make the units work. They do a bunch of funky stuff with Read-only and R/W points.
    I noticed on Yabe nothing showed up for Priority Array.
    He had no idea what I was talking about.

I thought one of the basic, fundamental rules/principles for BACnet was the priority array. It goes from BN16 to BN01.
    BN15 overrides BN16, BN14 overrides BN15 and so on

Your question is pretty simple to me
    "How to view and/or command the priority array of the BACnet points?"

A table or little drop down menu. Want to command at BN08? Click the box for BN08.
    At the JACE level sure, those are BACnet points, he is trying to write at the supervisor level which is a Niagara network point and not a BACnet point.

Post Likes
    Oh ok. To be fair, the JACE is a supervisor as well. He wants to write to Niagara points.
    You cannot write to Niagara points. If you want to write to the values behind them, you need to do it down at the JACE while the point is still BacNet or whatever.
    The end result of this is that logic stays out of the server which is a good thing.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in