Thread: Frosting on front of Heatcraft unit—Freezer

Post Likes

Frosting on front of Heatcraft unit—Freezer

The temp is great at -10 but frosting up by the fans up front. Heat tape is working and drain pan is clear and drains perfect. We are UTAH and have had lots of humidity lately where we are usually at 15% and it’s been 55% at 100 f degrees days. But none of the other units have reacted this way as we have 30 we take care. So back to the original question what would cause the frosting on the front of all four fans and around the unit as well and keeping a -10°F.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    The temp is great at -10 but frosting up by the fans up front. Heat tape is working and drain pan is clear and drains perfect. We are UTAH and have had lots of humidity lately where we are usually at 15% and it’s been 55% at 100 f degrees days. But none of the other units have reacted this way as we have 30 we take care. So back to the original question what would cause the frosting on the front of all four fans and around the unit as well and keeping a -10°F.
    Defrost not terminating and getting too hot causing steam or fans are coming on right after defrost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

3. Likes pecmsg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I checked that as well and then other tech sent me this

The presence of warm, humid air in your walk-in is the most likely reason for ice build up issues. Your walk-in door may not be sealing properly because of old or damaged gaskets. Without a proper seal, outside air can enter your freezer and cause problems.

Post Likes
    I have 2 outdoor freezers that once a month they have to break the ice free of the fan blades, guards. They didnt want a cooler in front to act as a buffer. Once August passes it should be fine.

6. Likes WT70 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I have 2 outdoor freezers that once a month they have to break the ice free of the fan blades, guards. They didnt want a cooler in front to act as a buffer. Once August passes it should be fine.
    I'm currently on call and frozen Evaps is all I've had. All coolers would be nice to have ability to defrost with heaters. Guess I'm in for a long wet august. Lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnasty View Post
    I'm currently on call and frozen Evaps is all I've had. All coolers would be nice to have ability to defrost with heaters. Guess I'm in for a long wet august. Lol
    My coolers don’t freeze over!

Post Likes
    Door gaskets