Thread: Absorption Chiller operating principle

Post Likes

Absorption Chiller operating principle

Hi guys,

I have a client that wants to install an absoprtion chiller for his facility. (I´ve never dealt with such a request up until now)

According to various simulations regarding occupancy, lighting, machinery, fenestration and so on we came to the conclusion that our base load between debut Mai up to the end of October doesn´t drop below a certain cooling load.

Which is great, because I can easily aquire enough operating hours on a steady basis for the said cooling load without having to turn the chiller off.

My question would be, why does the chiller need to run on a steady capacity and it doesn´t make sense to turn it off and on for a short period of time? It would be nice if someone could explain that to me.

Thanks in advance.

BR AbsoprtionIsLit

Post Likes
    Never worked on a LiBr chiller. That said I do know that it takes time for the absorption process to stabilize so they do not like short cycling. I believe that use of a buffer tank for the chilled liquid will ameliorate some of the short cycling.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in...
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in