Thread: What brand HVAC is recommended for Houston TX area?

Post Likes

What brand HVAC is recommended for Houston TX area?

Currently I have Lennox (looks like the lowest tier) and some Honeywell (builder provided equipment). One of my Lennoxes got mold issue so I will be replacing the unit and buying new one, along with adding a dehumidifier to the system. What brand of HVAC would be a good investment?

The house has 2 HVAC units since it's dual zone, the second unit is ok. Do I have to match brands or having mixed brands is ok?

Post Likes
    Have you ever heard of Goodman (and/or Diaken)? I'm pretty sure they're from Houston. Show some damn Texas pride already. I can't believe this is even a question. Get a Goodman, or even better 2 Goodmans!

3. Likes Bazooka Joe, R600a, Rogue_Ryder liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Have you ever heard of Goodman (and/or Diaken)? I'm pretty sure they're from Houston. Show some damn Texas pride already. I can't believe this is even a question. Get a Goodman, or even better 2 Goodmans!
    Kinda reminds me of a post here couple three years ago from a homeowner who lives in York Pa. and got several bids, but none from York. I asked him how come you didn’t get any bids from York, as their Headquarters and still have some sort of a manufacturering plant there ( as far as I know ) he said many Contractors don’t carry that line,…lol

Post Likes
    Get a Amana quote, pretty much the best manufacturers warranty out there…

Post Likes
    Since I don't like bare bones units, Amana or Daikin. More bells & whistles than Goodman and as Joe says best standard warranty out there. Was nice to see Daikin, the parent company, spend the bucks for HQ and factory in the US.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tempnexus View Post
    Currently I have Lennox (looks like the lowest tier) and some Honeywell (builder provided equipment). One of my Lennoxes got mold issue so I will be replacing the unit and buying new one, along with adding a dehumidifier to the system. What brand of HVAC would be a good investment?

The house has 2 HVAC units since it's dual zone, the second unit is ok.

Do I have to match brands or having mixed brands is ok?
    Brands must have a unified AHRI #.

Characteristics to be MATCHED
    ARE SKILLED TRADES PERSON with ANY Notable Brand.
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tempnexus View Post

The house has 2 HVAC units since it's dual zone, the second unit is ok. Do I have to match brands or having mixed brands is ok?
    Concentrate more on the name on the trucks then the name on the boxs.

Your not buying an appliance but a "System" that MUST be installed by skilled personal with extensive training.

Post Likes
    I cant say I agree with Goodman

20 years ago , yeah .... but not now

Post Likes
    Good installer and correct setup for the a/c. The most important is the detail of connecting the a/c--dehumidifier to max moisture removal. The US made Ultra-Aire from Madison WI with a 25 history in home indoor air quality as part of the design. We are here to help you through that part. A simple a/c with a VS blower for ideal setup is also ideal for long term reliability.

Keep us posted.

Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

11. Likes vstech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Really, brand is irrelevant to the long lasting efficient comfort and economy of your home.

A TOP QUALITY tech and home load calculation is worth FAR more.

I do like the LIFETIME unit replacement warranty that Amana offers their higher tier equipment, but warranty on a poorly installed system will make a good house very sick. Find referrals of quality happy customers, and look hard for negative feedback. Find a installing company that will do what the home needs. Maybe hat is better insulation, or ventilation and not a new HVAC system… maybe windows, or awnings? The HOME is a system, and a brand makes little difference… it is the entire project. Not a price, or brand name.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

13. Likes dan sw fl liked this post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in