+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use of Ladder Fee/Charge

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by szw21 View Post
    Interesting...I guess there is no other way. I typically work alone but for something like this I guess it helps to have a second person.
    Yeah when you're supposed to always have three points of contact on the ladder it's rather hard to carry in a 50 lb recovery cylinder up a ladder. If I'm somewhere where I can be seen from the road I try to follow the rules.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

2. Likes szw21 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    We cary a rope for hoisting things up. It is no fun but works.

I carry 3 ropes. The thinner one is longer so use you can tie something onto each end, the other two get progressively thicker for heavier loads. Using all 3 today, saves a lot of trips up-and-down the ladder.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

4. Likes R600a, icy78 liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I carry 3 ropes. The thinner one is longer so use you can tie something onto each end, the other two get progressively thicker for heavier loads. Using all 3 today, saves a lot of trips up-and-down the ladder.
    Yeah I've got a nice soft half inch thick rope that I use but I don't do a lot of roof work and when I do it's not generally very tall. The fat rope sure is more comfortable on the hands.

I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Hurst11 is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    Man around here there is a ton of friggin crawl holes in closets or garages that ya gotta have an 8ft ladder to get into. So damn frustrating to have to take the time to get it off the top of truck, pack it inside the house and upstairs into a tiny closet full of shat that ends up needing moved out just so the ladder will just barely fit. There is Also a lot of places that when it comes time for a changeout, idk how they will get the old equipment out much less the new stuff up. Guess knock a hole in a ceiling somewhere and make big access.

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst11 View Post
    Man around here there is a ton of friggin crawl holes in closets or garages that ya gotta have an 8ft ladder to get into. So damn frustrating to have to take the time to get it off the top of truck, pack it inside the house and upstairs into a tiny closet full of shat that ends up needing moved out just so the ladder will just barely fit. There is Also a lot of places that when it comes time for a changeout, idk how they will get the old equipment out much less the new stuff up. Guess knock a hole in a ceiling somewhere and make big access.
    I keep a 12' telescoping ladder on the truck for that stuff easy to manuvure

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    RTB Mechanical
    734-315-0064
    http://rtbmechanical.com

Post Likes
    had one two storey building that lacked a permanent roof access , need 30' ladder to access. if it breaks down with snow and ice out, they're not getting the heat fixed.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in