Thread: How do you remove Isolation Valve on a Robinar (US made)

Post Likes

How do you remove Isolation Valve on a Robinar (US made)

Sitting here with the wife trying not to spill any oil while I replace some o-rings just because I have then on a Red (same as Blue) US made Robinar VacciMaster 15400.

So for the life of me I can’t figure out how to remove the side mounted ISO valve (isolation valve) to replace its 3 O-rings.

It pulls down to 25 before but the ISO valve leaks like a sieve when you close it off to separate the motor pump from the vacuum pulled.

Any one got a clue on this? After removing everything on the top of it
    and prying at the valve handle, I gave up for fear of breaking something.

I will call Robinair but my last call felt like I got a girl at home who flipped pages in a book for limited answers.

Its probably just yank it out but since I need it this week, I prefer not to break it. I have ways to isolate the pull down test anyways but I remember the days when the Robinair held pretty darn good.

Cheers 🍻

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KenInNC View Post
    Sitting here with the wife trying not to spill any oil while I replace some o-rings just because I have then on a Red (same as Blue) US made Robinar VacciMaster 15400.

So for the life of me I can’t figure out how to remove the side mounted ISO valve (isolation valve) to replace its 3 O-rings.

It pulls down to 25 before but the ISO valve leaks like a sieve when you close it off to separate the motor pump from the vacuum pulled.

Any one got a clue on this? After removing everything on the top of it
    and prying at the valve handle, I gave up for fear of breaking something.

I will call Robinair but my last call felt like I got a girl at home who flipped pages in a book for limited answers.

Its probably just yank it out but since I need it this week, I prefer not to break it. I have ways to isolate the pull down test anyways but I remember the days when the Robinair held pretty darn good.

Cheers
    Can you post a picture of the valve?
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

3. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Phew, I had to download Tapa to figure out how to post a photo! Now I know

I hope this helps!

Phew, I had to keep dodging the “we want your money” pop ups and I survived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    On the photo of the brass part, it seems like there is a locking ring near the last gasket near the bottom where it sits in the photo

Post Likes
    After jumping through hoops like a circus poodle I finally got the answer. Apparently Robin and Air technical support line doesn’t really have any technical support they don’t have a clue of what to do and they just send you to somebody else so here’s how it works for those who need to contact Robinair:

call Broward hydraulic service in Florida at 954– 583–2504. The guys are really great there.

And now for the final answer of how to pull off the ISO valve which by the way the instructions are not included on any of the parts that you buy from the repair shops, here’s what you do:

1. dump your oil.

2. Take the four screws off the motor, take the four screws off the handle, take the vent bolt out of the handle, remove the handle on the motor.

three. This provides the easiest way but sometimes people can just take the base plate off and go that way because the goal is to remove the C-clip that keeps the ISO valve from being pulled out.

basically take the whole thing apart minus the hydraulic side.

if this is a step that I should post somewhere in the forum please guide me to the right area and I will try to make a nice post explaining how to do it and also just a post about contacting true technical support for Robinair

Post Likes
    That’s awesome thanks for adding all that!

On another note it’s pathetic that all vacuum pumps don’t come with isolation valves.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    It almost looks to me like the intake manifold can get unscrewed and reach the keeper through there.

Nope, went out and looked and the manifold does not appear to be able to spin off as the handle is in the way.
    Last edited by BNME8EZ; 07-20-2021 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Added info

9. Likes KenInNC liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks for trying that. Any shortcut saves work. The tech said I “might” be able to reach the snap ring… now to get off my lazy butt and dig for a Circlip remover. I will take a few shots of the PROcess

Post Likes
    That is exactly the same insert as Robinair used in their "high Vacuum" manifold thirty years ago.

Post Likes
    I noticed that they don’t change a whole lot except when they started using Chinese manufacturing which is basically rebranding a not trade grade units. Kinda embarrassing IMO. The BLUE units are USA and RED now are China. Their customer service doesn’t seem to have a India accent but then again, the first round of techs are just direction pointers. Robinair does not have any technical guys like the old days but at least mine is USA (Taiwan, Japan and Germany I accept as quality too).