Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wireflex!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    La Honda, CA
    Posts
    117
    Post Likes

    Wireflex!

    Why I don’t ever use wire flex…. Don’t you hate when a service call becomes an attic ductwork job when you’re too busy to do anything more than one hour repair jobs?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Likes
    WTF? Undersized return?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    La Honda, CA
    Posts
    117
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Undersized return with a very small filter grill and a filter that hasn’t been changed in probably three years…. Basically made the wireflex collapse on itself. Also the very thin duct strap holding it up didn’t help either. Lately it seems like over half my service calls are just poor install issues.

  4. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatsolutions View Post
    Undersized return with a very small filter grill and a filter that hasn’t been changed in probably three years…. Basically made the wireflex collapse on itself. Also the very thin duct strap holding it up didn’t help either. Lately it seems like over half my service calls are just poor install issues.
    I dont do a ton of service but when I do it's install errors.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  6. Likes heatsolutions liked this post.
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    La Honda, CA
    Posts
    117
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Hey Zamoramax, what part of the Bay Area do you work? I’ve turned down probably 250k to 350k worth of work each year for the last two to three years that I just can’t handle. If you want referrals and your close to my neck of the woods I can send them your way if you want

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatsolutions View Post
    Hey Zamoramax, what part of the Bay Area do you work? I’ve turned down probably 250k to 350k worth of work each year for the last two to three years that I just can’t handle. If you want referrals and your close to my neck of the woods I can send them your way if you want
    I'm about a hundred miles away. Closest towns people know are Walnut Creek and Antioch. I appreciate it but that peninsula commute is no joke. Gone in to Belmont and San Mateo. That was 3 hours each way and only 75-80 miles.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Calif
    Posts
    519
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatsolutions View Post
    Why I don’t ever use wire flex…. Don’t you hate when a service call becomes an attic ductwork job when you’re too busy to do anything more than one hour repair jobs?
    Looks like someone crawled over the duct and collapsed it..
    I'm not young enough, to know everything...

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    14,634
    Post Likes
    Looks like an easy fix. Cut the flex open and put in a splice. Just make sure the metal splice is placed inside the strap. 15 minute job if you have the splice with you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •