Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grass Didn’t Grow This Week

Post Likes
    Just thought I would follow up and report after a few days of steady rain last week, my lawn has turned back green and is growing like it never had any hot dry weather. Lawn care guys went from a 5 minute walk thru to over 20 minutes cutting and trimming last Thursday.

2. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhydro View Post
    Just thought I would follow up and report after a few days of steady rain last week, my lawn has turned back green and is growing like it never had any hot dry weather. Lawn care guys went from a 5 minute walk thru to over 20 minutes cutting and trimming last Thursday.
    I see you have one up'd Corny and have outsourced your weedwacking. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

4. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacq4331 View Post
    Where do you live where your lawn doesn’t die off if it’s not watered at least once a week?
    I've never watered grass. Ever.

Cincinnati Ohio.

6. Likes R600a, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    I see you have one up'd Corny and have outsourced your weedwacking. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Broke my ankle a few years ago on black ice late one spring and none of my friends kids wanted to cut my grass for pay while I rehabbed in the early summer. Company I used then still charges a decent price in CDN $ to come out once a week from May thru Oct for a 50x115 lot and that weekly price includes the spring and fill clean ups as well as 3 scheduled weed and feed treatments and any spot treatments
    For that price I think its worth it to come home and have one less thing for me to do in the evening or weekends as I get older.

Maybe when I retire I will do a yearly contract and get them to do the snow in the winter too

8. Likes R600a, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ive had a lawn service for years now. Last house was a tiny lawn, but one year I was so busy I couldn’t mow but once a month and usually by flashlight. Looked like a vacant house at times.

I flagged down a service from down the street to see if they would do it one week. It was only like 25 bucks a week, and they did a better job then I ever did.

So when I moved to a 3/4 or so acre lot I figured it would be a big cost increase.

Price only went up 10 bucks a week for like 4 times the yard. Cause this happened to be an area they already had a few lawns to service.

Money well spent. Ive got plenty of other things to do with that time. Would take hours for me to mow this lawn.

Still do yard work, but more like tree trimming and planting type stuff. Which is much more intermittent.

That and till the old place sells Ive been mowing that once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12