+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metal pool bonding

Post Likes

Metal pool bonding

I am not an electrician. I am alicensed HVAC contractor in Texas. My son in law is installing a 8’ stock tank in his backyard as a soaking pool. He understands how to ground the pumps and various components. The question has to do with bonding. We can run a bonding wire between various metallic objects. There are references to bonding within(?) the ground for 3’ around pool. How is this readily done? I can understand a buried wire mesh around the perimeter of pool, but is there a better way? Thanks for any thoughts on this matter.

Post Likes
    Well I got no responses so I will follow up. Pulled up the NEC chaptrr relating to pool bonding and found an alternate method of bonding.

Post Likes
    Ground rods ?

Post Likes
    In the end the idea is to bond anything metallic near the pool that could become energized and then to an insulated ground wire back to the source it came from which is neutral at service main,,, this is ground and rods do not have much if anything to do with it. You dont want that GEC to become energized from another source/fault. Its been a while since I read it but that is the general idea. They want the bond durable, 8 solid as I recall and one of the places the grounds and bonds may be required to be heavier that the current carry conductors.
    On second thought its been so long since I read that I dont remember as much as I think I do,,

Post Likes
    Even though this thread is 2 years old I'll followup with this 👇🏻
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in